Any thoughts...

Started by Smokin Joe, June 22, 2006, 12:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

I am in the process of designing a small box that will fit on the grates of the Bradley and hold delicate foods such as fish, etc.  Not something I am looking to sell, simply something for my own personal use.

It will have a fine mesh top and bottom, to allow for smoke pass through, as well as the ability to flip the product inside without having to really disturb it.  The top will be hinged and fit snugly to the bottom.

The overall dimensions would have to be determined, but it would be about an inch high, and have a clearance of about a half to one inch all the way around.

Just curious if there is anything I should consider or make sure not to do...has anyone else done this?
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

icerat4

that guy ron popeil with the set it and forget rostisserie has those check out that sight. I had one and it what ya want. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

asa

My suggestion would be to consider Chez Bubba's racks that are non stick and have a 1/2" grid instead of the standard 1". That should be fine enough for most or any fish. I've done oysters on them. Also, I'm not sure why you would want to turn them. I'd do them skin side down and not turn them at all. I don't se why you need to. After all you are smoking, not grilling. Smoke seems to penetrate things well without turning. Just my $0.02 worth. On the other hand, you can buy the kind of basket you are talking about, with hinged sides, for flipping things on a grill.

Regards
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Oldman

QuoteMy suggestion would be to consider Chez Bubba's racks that are non stick and have a 1/2" grid instead of the standard 1".

Agree 110%

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

gotbbq

Agree- No need to turn.  The more you open the door the less heat and smoke. 

PS.  Thanks olds for the pic.

gotbbq

Oldman

No problem about the sig-pic.  I also see you got your name back... congrats~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!