Cold Smoke Adapter Temp cord jumper

Started by tedstryker, January 28, 2014, 10:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedstryker

Please help!!! I lent my smoker to an Uncle who wanted to try smoking some steelhead. He returned my smoker to me with everything but the jumper for the temp sensor, which he seems to have misplaced. Now I can't cold smoke and I am having a fit. Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement, or how to make one? I am looking forward to any assistance anyone can provide. 

Thanks in advance,

Ted

Saber 4

My first thought would be to call Bradley, they probably have them or yardandpool.com stocks lot's of good parts for the Bradley's and they are on the forum as well.

hutcho

Recipe site has a thread on how to build a bypass plug.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Habanero Smoker

I believe you can get that part from Bradley, but if you are handy at soldering, as hutcho points out there are directions on how to make your own.

Bypass Plug For Bradley Digital

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hutcho

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 28, 2014, 01:14:02 PM
I believe you can get that part from Bradley, but if you are handy at soldering, as hutcho points out there are directions on how to make your own.

Bypass Plug For Bradley Digital

I meant to post the link but was at work and didnt have time.  Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Jkwellborn

I tried to find mine the other day but I couldn't. I may need to get them to send me a couple. I wish they made the cord a few feet longer and I would just use it all the time.

pensrock

Or if you just want a longer cable you can take two of the 2.1mm x 5.5mm x 9.5mm DC Plugs (Parts Express online part #090-477) and solder a two wire cable between them. You can make the cable any size you need.

Habanero Smoker

Another option would be to cut your existing sensor cord in half and splice in  a longer piece of wire, to make it any length you want.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Alanfromwis

Quote from: pensrock on January 28, 2014, 03:40:24 PM
Or if you just want a longer cable you can take two of the 2.1mm x 5.5mm x 9.5mm DC Plugs (Parts Express online part #090-477) and solder a two wire cable between them. You can make the cable any size you need.
[/quote
Radio Snack may have these also, but you need to solder each end of the 2 wire cable to the plugs.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

tedstryker

Thank you all! I should be able to figure something out. Much appreciated.

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 29, 2014, 01:41:01 AM

Another option would be to cut your existing sensor cord in half and splice in  a longer piece of wire, to make it any length you want.

I did this with mine. Easy peasy.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Jkwellborn

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 29, 2014, 01:41:01 AM

I should have already done that. That's a good idea.