Bradley Original electrical problem??

Started by kleen2000, January 28, 2014, 06:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleen2000

I will admit to not being the handiest guy in the world, so any direction here would be greatly appreciated. I've had my new Bradley Original Smoker since September 2012, so out of warranty now. This is my second one. Went out to try and use it this weekend. Couldn't get it to fire up. I have always had it on an extension cord plugged in to the outlet. Thought maybe that was the issue. Tried plugging it directly in to several different outlets  and got the same problem. It comes on for about 2 seconds, then blows the gfi switch on the outlet. Any suggestions on how to start troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Kevin

kuzzy

Have you tried it on a circuit without a gfi?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

Some trouble shooting tips that have been mentioned on the forum. There could be many reasons, the below suggestions should give you a start. You may also want to do a search on this forum for "gfi" and "gfci"

1) Plug another electrical appliance, such as a power tool, in the outlet to see if it will trip the gfci. If it continues to trip google "why does gfci keep tripping"

2) Check the connections were the plugs go into the generator and each connection the extension cord makes. Make sure they are free for any debris, corrosion and/or moisture.

3) Open the generator, and make sure all contacts are dry, and free of debris and corrosion.

4) As kuzzy mentioned, plug the smoker into a outlet that doesn't have a gfci.

5) A faulty bisquette burner has been know to trip the gfci. If you have a multimeter, check the continuity between both terminal.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

agrees with the two above, you may have a  faulty gfi / gfic receptacle ... or a  small short in the smoker, check all connections for corrosion, moisture or debris any of  which can trip the gfi.

kleen2000

Late in responding back on this, but I wanted to thank everyone for their assistance. Got the Bradley working this weekend!! Looks like it was as simple as the connections having crud on them. Cleaned everything out real good and have had no issues. Appreciate all the insight.

I've got a 5 pound top sirloin roast in there now that I'm going to slice this weekend. Looking forward to it!

Kevin

Saber 4

Quote from: kleen2000 on February 20, 2014, 04:51:22 PM
Late in responding back on this, but I wanted to thank everyone for their assistance. Got the Bradley working this weekend!! Looks like it was as simple as the connections having crud on them. Cleaned everything out real good and have had no issues. Appreciate all the insight.

I've got a 5 pound top sirloin roast in there now that I'm going to slice this weekend. Looking forward to it!

Kevin

Glad to here it all worked out for you, sound like a tasty weekend plan

kleen2000

Here's the results gents. Turned out great!! Thanks again for the help.

Saber 4

Looks great, now all you need to do is whip up a loaf of crusty bread for sandwiches. ;D

tailfeathers

Oh son that do look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!