Super simple and amazing grilled cheese

Started by BoxcarBetts, January 28, 2014, 10:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoxcarBetts

So I was reading a post from Manfromplaid on another cheese thread where he mentioned grilled smoked cheese sandwiches, and as the planets aligned, my wife wanted me to make her a grilled cheese sandwich.  She doesn't like the smoked cheese, so I won't bore you with the details of hers, but I've got a really simple recipe for a gourmet tasting sandwich that was inspired by a chef doing an Armstrong promotion:

Ingredients:
Desired amount of smoked cheese (I used Hickory-smoked white cheddar)
Olive oil Miracle Whip
Bread (duh)
Oregano

1. Spread Miracle Whip on both slices of bread
2. Put cheese on one slice
3. Sprinkle oregano on other slice
4. Close sandwich and fry in butter until done
5. Eat and be amazed

Let me know if you've got other things to try.
They say it's easier to quit heroin than it is to quit smoking!

Habanero Smoker

Your recipe sounds great, and I will give that a try. There was a time I could not get enough of grilled smoked cheese sandwiches, and I went through an experimental period. Try shredding the smoked cheese instead of using slices.

Grilled Smoked Cheese

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manfromplaid

looks like i will try that one also.  a grilled cheese sand. is as easy as it gets and anything u like can go in it.

BoxcarBetts

Yeah, exactly. And by doing something so basic like a different mayo and a dash of seasoning makes for a really easy, interesting spin.

BoxcarBetts

Didn't see your link at first, Habanero. Tomatoes and garlic? Yes please!

Saber 4

Love the sound of the mayo and oregano, the shredded smoked cheese sounds like it would be great with some bacon added. Guess I know what's for dinner in a couple weeks when the next cheese is ready to eat.