Scallops and Chorizo

Started by manxman, March 31, 2008, 07:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

The Kids are 16,14,4,3 - Things 4 and 3 were indifferent, Things 1 and 2 were "More, please!"

We have learned not to make culinary decisions based on the opinions of Things 3 and 4.

;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Yeah...I can imagine...when me and my brother were kids...my Mother used to put all kinds of weird stuff out...like tongue and tripe and oxtails...the good news is there isn't anything I won't eat or at least try...then try again if I didn't care for it! Still can't get over water chesnuts...something about eating pressed sand that is...well...just wrong!!!:)

manxman

Quotekids and chorizo and scallops?

Got the thumbs up from one of mine and thumbs down from the other although both had already eaten a birthday party tea, my youngest was 7 on Sunday and was stuffed full of all sorts of goodies at the time so not really a good test!!  ;) :D

Plan on trying them with scallops again on Friday when they usually have a plate of mussels in garlic butter as a meal.

Having king scallops and chorizo again for our evening meal tonight, I am going to try using the corals as well this time. For those of you on this side of the pond apparently black pudding can be substituted for chorizo..... interesting!  :)
Manxman

manxman

I know this is a very old post but just bumped it because like many others commercial fishermen are struggling at the moment given the bottom has dropped out of their market. Around us they are trying to help themselves by selling direct to the public at excellent prices and the response has been phenomenal. I know farmers and fishermen elsewhere are doing the same.

Just taken delivery of a sack of around 150 King Scallops fresh off the boat and spent a few hours shucking them, this recipe is on the menu tonight and in my experience it is one kids like too :)  8)

Best wishes to you and yours, stay safe.
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

I'm also trying to support local businesses. Your are fortunate that you have access to fresh seafood. I'm waiting for our farmer markets to open. It will definitely be different then when they were opened last year.

You stay safe also.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

We are very lucky to have access to fresh seafood and it is something we never take for granted. The farmers markets are beginning to open up as well but with social distancing they do not quite have the same hustle and bustle.

Doing cold smoked back bacon today using cured pork loin and tomorrow pastrami still using the recipe you posted Habs from around 2007, one or two minor spice adjustments but otherwise that is my go to pastrami method. :)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

All of that sounds good. The only thing I have on my schedule for any outdoor smoking/cooking is a flank steak. That is going to hit the grill around 5:30 PM. I better get in gear, because May is National BBQ Month over here.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Enjoy the steak Habs  :)
Manxman