GusRobin inspired short ribs and SRG chicken

Started by Saber 4, February 02, 2014, 05:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

GusRobin's post got me craving some good short ribs, of course we have to do everything bigger in Texas. I could only find one local store that had short ribs out but they were pretty cheesy looking for ribs, but the meat cutter offered to cut me some longer meatier ones. Got them home and used a spicy brown mustard slather followed by some Texas Roadhouse steak seasoning, S & P, then into the Bradley for 3 hours of mesquite at 230.

While the ribs were smoking away I found a tired and hungry visitor outside, it's been raining and in the low 30's today after a couple of days near 70 and it seemed like it had worn itself out trying to fly home, it had two red plastic bands on it's feet

After catching the visitor and a trip around in the SRG....

Just kidding I was cooking a couple of chickens in the SRG for meals this week, the homing pigeon was caught by a friend of mine with birds and taken home to get it healthy so it can either fly home or if they can ID the owner have them come get it.

And the money shot plated with some potato, red onion and Brussels sprout hash

GusRobin

looks really good. I pick up the long ones when I go to restaurant depot.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ragweed

My gosh!  Are you sure they are beef and not some animal much larger?  They look great!  I would have bought the pigeon story had you not pictured TWO cooked chickens.  Cute.

Saber 4

Quote from: ragweed on February 02, 2014, 05:46:20 PM
My gosh!  Are you sure they are beef and not some animal much larger?  They look great!  I would have bought the pigeon story had you not pictured TWO cooked chickens.  Cute.

Yeah, I thought about that after I hit post.

TNRockyraccoon