10 pounds of Greg's spicy beef sticks, still my favorite.

Started by Smoke some, February 03, 2014, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoke some

10 pounds of Greg's spicy beef sticks, still my favorite.

all stuffed into 21 mm casing

lazy today so on the racks, no one foot tied sticks today

into the smoker for dry time going to give these 3 hrs of hickory

will be back with some more pic's when they are  finished....  thanks for lookin

Saber 4

Awesome looking sticks, that first picture made me think of a sausage rail yard.

Tenpoint5

Looks like a great start! Don't forget the old top to bottom front to back every hour!

Yes I know Smoke has done this before. I mentioned this as a reminder for the newer folks. Doing this rotation does ADD time to your total cook time. Tho there is benefits for rotating racks. You don't overheat and fat out the sausages on the bottom in the back.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoke some

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 03, 2014, 10:39:43 AM
Looks like a great start! Don't forget the old top to bottom front to back every hour!

Yes I know Smoke has done this before. I mentioned this as a reminder for the newer folks. Doing this rotation does ADD time to your total cook time. Tho there is benefits for rotating racks. You don't overheat and fat out the sausages on the bottom in the back.

yes very important to rotate and turn back to front..... I do this every 45 minutes to 1 hour intervals

here is how they look with 2 hrs of smoke

Saber 4

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

NePaSmoKer

Smoke some

sticks all finished up.. It of 155 degrees, with 3 hrs of hickory smoke

definitely  still one of my favorites  sticks..... I add a bit more heat to them then the recipe, but i like spicy.....

STLstyle

Looks fantastic!  What was total cook time on that batch?

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

RedJada

Going to have to try some snack sticks for my next stuffing adventure. Them things look great.

Smoke some

Quote from: STLstyle on February 03, 2014, 02:51:20 PM
Looks fantastic!  What was total cook time on that batch?

dry, smoke and cook took time was 8.5 hrs

1.5 hrs of dry time at 130 degrees ...3 hrs at 145 degrees while smoking them... bumped up
to 165 degrees for 4 hrs till IT of the sticks reached 155  degrees..

seemore

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

pensrock

Nice job, glad you like the recipe. I'm gonna have to make some myself one of these days. Maybe getting laid off for a couple weeks, if so that will give me time to get things going.  :)