Bradley report

Started by River Rat, February 04, 2014, 11:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Rat

i used my NOBS for the first time over the weekend. Smoked Sat night and all day Sunday for the game.  I could not be happier with the results.  No major problems at all, with fantastic results. Had a minor problem with puck not advancing all the way on the burner.  I believe it was just gunk build up as this only happened toward the end of a day and half smoking evolution.  Prior to the Bradley i owned and still own a Master Built electric smoker and although I had fun with it and have no major complaints about it, I am much happier with the results the Bradley provides.  The advice recieved here on this forum made it a much easier transition from one smoker to the other. I thank all of you for the words of wisdom and look forward to sharing many more smokes with you all.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

ragweed

Congratulations!  Glad everything worked out so well.  The next step is to show us pictures of your successful smokes.  We like pictures!

River Rat

I'm working on the picture thing. I am a bit challenged when it come to such things, but will get it figured out.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

TNRockyraccoon

Those overnight smokes sure are good. Congratulations on your fine food.

TedEbear

Quote from: River Rat on February 04, 2014, 12:12:50 PM
I'm working on the picture thing. I am a bit challenged when it come to such things, but will get it figured out.

It's fairly easy.  Upload your pics to a free host site, such as Photobucket.  To the right of each uploaded pic will be several boxes.  Click on the one that says "IMG" and the contents will automatically be pasted into your clipboard. Then just paste the clipboard contents into a new message on here.  Click on the "Preview" button if you want to see that it worked before posting your message. 

One note:  If you think you might eventually be uploading lots of different pics to Photobucket you might start out by creating different folders for each one to keep things easier to find later on.  Cars, Food, Hobbies, etc., are just some ideas.  I wish I'd starting doing it that way when I first started using Photobucket.

Saber 4

Glad you had success, as for the gunk I picked up an extra 1" putty knife and a can of computer cleaning air so that after each smoke I can scrape the gunk and blow out the SG and the cabinet.

River Rat

Thanks Saber.  I have both ready to use. I was wondering if i was to spary a little Pam Grilling oil on the tray if that might not help??? Thoughts?
River Rat
"Smoke On"

tailfeathers

If by tray you are talking about the rail that the pucks advance toward the puck heating element on? I wouldn't put anything on it. Whatever you apply there will just turn to sludge eventually, at least that would be my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

KyNola

Quote from: tailfeathers on February 05, 2014, 06:06:38 AM
If by tray you are talking about the rail that the pucks advance toward the puck heating element on? I wouldn't put anything on it. Whatever you apply there will just turn to sludge eventually, at least that would be my opinion.
Ditto, I wouldn't spray anything on the rail system nor the puck burner plate.

Saber 4

Quote from: KyNola on February 05, 2014, 06:35:54 AM
Quote from: tailfeathers on February 05, 2014, 06:06:38 AM
Ditto, I wouldn't spray anything on the rail system nor the puck burner plate.

X3, anything you spray will burn up and could leave a bad taste on your food. I think you'll be ok once you have it cleaned up and can keep it clean. If you still have issues after cleaning, you might need to check the strength of your pushing motor.

River Rat

Got it, no spray, just clean.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

tskeeter

RR, I agree with the others not to apply anything to in-feed to the puck burner.  My practice is pretty similar to the others, use a putty knife to scrape off the residue that builds up on the in-feed just before the puck burner element.  I'll also scrub the in-feed with a Scotchbrite pad every now and again to remove more of the residue and to smooth and polish the in-feed.  Then blow everything out in order to make sure I don't leave any plastic from the Scotchbrite pad where it might melt and really gum things up.

BigRich

Why are you happier with the Bradley?

River Rat

Big Rich, Mostly because of temp and smoke control.  The other unit had wild temp swings. As for the smoke, my old unit had a smoke box that only worked if the heating element was on. The Bradley, with the Smoke Generator allows me to continually apply smoke in a consistant manner for as long as I want.  Don't get me wrong, I had a great time, with good results in the other unit.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

BigRich