Smoking Gun

Started by powrsmoker, February 01, 2014, 01:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powrsmoker

I know we are mostly big fans of the Bradley myself included but I was wondering if anyone has every used something like this...

https://www.cuisinetechnology.com/the-smoking-gun.php

seems like a neat idea for some of the food items that would be difficult to smoke in the bradley or perhaps just not wanting to set up the whole smoker just to make one item.  For example, a steak or something.  It won't give that deep smoke flavour since I can't see it penetrating into the meat too deeply even if you did let it sit covered up basking in the smoke. 

Anyways, any thoughts on this?  I've seen some videos of people using it for making smokey drinks. 

Habanero Smoker

I've been checking them out off and on for a little over a year, since I saw a chef using one on a food show.  I've been meaning to either build one or purchase one; there are several DIY Cold Smoking Gun  videos. I've just haven't pulled the trigger. I'm going to eventually either build or buy one. I got several Amazon gift cards, and may go ahead and pull the trigger. Many are using the Cold Smoke Gun when they prepare their food for sous vide.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Saber 4

I was talking to the sales lady at Williams-Sonoma and she said you only get a slight hint of smoke flavor compared to what we are getting with the Bradley's and other smokers, but that it was good with small things like a cold shrimp appetizer or something similar or like Habs said for sous vide cooking

Habanero Smoker

It is also very good for infusing liquids, adding smoke flavor to cold fruits, batters, marinades, cake mixes, salad etc.. It is a versatile tool, that can perform functions easier and sometime better then the Bradley.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)