Started by Bigwalleye, February 06, 2014, 01:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkwellborn

Welcome from east Texas. Enjoy your Bradley.

pondee

Quote from: tailfeathers on February 07, 2014, 08:06:30 PM

Quote from: pondee on February 07, 2014, 07:04:19 PM
IMO you really have to crisp them up in a hot oven/broiler/grill.  The Bradley will crisp chicken
I think pondee meant to say will NOT crisp chicken. Smoke it for the flavor then finish with a higher heat source for crispy skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep will NOT crisp.  Bad typing skills. Sorry

renoman

At 225 for 4 hours my Bradley had no trouble crisping up my chicken skin.

Bigwalleye

Up here in the frozen Tundra of the Dakota's I couldnt get my temp above 86 and had it in the Garage.
Off to menards to buy some insulation to try and retain some heat....

tailfeathers

Hey Bigwalleye-
What part of the frozen Dakotas are you from? I'm in Sioux Falls. Are you sure you are getting both your heat element and puck burner powered up? Your Bradley should get much hotter than that, especially if in a garage with no wind hitting it. I'd try unplugging everything and reseating the connections. While you are at Menards pick up a couple of masonry  bricks to wrap in foil and put in your smoker, this will help maintain heat. Try putting boiling water in the pan. These are all tips that I have learned from hanging around these forums.

Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Smokesmore

Quote from: tailfeathers on February 08, 2014, 09:28:33 AM
Hey Bigwalleye-
What part of the frozen Dakotas are you from? I'm in Sioux Falls. Are you sure you are getting both your heat element and puck burner powered up? Your Bradley should get much hotter than that, especially if in a garage with no wind hitting it. I'd try unplugging everything and reseating the connections. While you are at Menards pick up a couple of masonry  bricks to wrap in foil and put in your smoker, this will help maintain heat. Try putting boiling water in the pan. These are all tips that I have learned from hanging around these forums.

Hey Bigwalleye, I'm from Fargo and everything tailfeathers is telling you will help but you should be able to get it up in the 150° range after a hour or so. I left to work for a couple hours this morning and let the Bradley run. I came home and I was at 168°. Takes a while to heat up when it is 0° out. Masonry bricks are a must.

You shouldn't need insulation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bigwalleye

My electric bradley wont get over 100F?
Bought bubble wrap to contain some heat and after 4 hours
Cant make it past the century mark.
Even bought a heavy duty extension cord.
My Bradley may be going back and getting a pellet smoker.
Any ideas why it wont warm up?

Smokesmore

Quote from: Bigwalleye on February 08, 2014, 02:09:36 PM
My electric bradley wont get over 100F?
Bought bubble wrap to contain some heat and after 4 hours
Cant make it past the century mark.
Even bought a heavy duty extension cord.
My Bradley may be going back and getting a pellet smoker.
Any ideas why it wont warm up?

I think you first need to get rid of the extension cord. Try heating it up without smoke but make sure you're running the smoking element. You should have no problem breaking 200 after 4 or 5 hours. I started my smoker at 10 o'clock this morning. I put my spare ribs in at 1:00. Hovered around 160 for a while but now I'm well over 200°. 

Take a look inside and see if your element is red as in red hot.

Today... right now...

KyNola

Your heating element is apparently not functioning.  There is a jumper power cord that goes from your smoke generator to the tower.  Unplug it at both ends and then plug it back in using very firm pressure.  Hopefully that will fix your problem.

Smokesmore

Quote from: KyNola on February 08, 2014, 03:27:48 PM
Your heating element is apparently not functioning.  There is a jumper power cord that goes from your smoke generator to the tower.  Unplug it at both ends and then plug it back in using very firm pressure.  Hopefully that will fix your problem.

KyNola is right... I did this the first day I bought mine. Push the cords in. I panicked when mine wasn't heating properly and realized the cord wasn't secure.  Give an update, these guys can help you out a lot.  Before you go buying another smoker test out Bradley customer service. They will get things straightened out for you.

Bigwalleye

I got it running now 200F after I unplugged the little cord to the smoker and plugged it in and it is working!!!!!
Thanks for the tips

TNRockyraccoon

Awesome. These guys are good with their wisdom.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

KyNola

Quote from: Bigwalleye on February 08, 2014, 05:26:03 PM
I got it running now 200F after I unplugged the little cord to the smoker and plugged it in and it is working!!!!!
Thanks for the tips
BOOYAH! THAT'S what I'm talking about!  Now fire that boy up and get to smoking something.

Smokesmore

Quote from: KyNola on February 08, 2014, 06:33:20 PM
Quote from: Bigwalleye on February 08, 2014, 05:26:03 PM
Thanks for the tips
BOOYAH! THAT'S what I'm talking about!  Now fire that boy up and get to smoking something.

Geeya!!

Snoopy

bradley should make a commercial like the cell phone companies only change it to "it's the forum" vice network