My Reveo

Started by BigSmoker, June 24, 2006, 04:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

Last couple of times I have used my reveo it hasn't worked properly.  After it is finished tumbling and I turn the top to release the vaccum there is none.  I tested the unit and it is creating a vaccum in the canister just not holding it inside the container.  I fugure it has something to do with the gasket or top but if anyone has a suggestionn feel free ;D.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

BS,

There is a filter inside of the lid. Have you removed it and looked through the hole while opening and closing the valve? There maybe something in that area that allows it to leak back out.

If you see nothing then put the filter back on. Now I suggest you try this: With the lid off, hook the lid up to the hose and turn on the vacuum with the lid's valve open. Slowly close the valve and see if the vacuum motor starts to work harder. Just before you complete close the valve place something against the inside hole. At that same moment close the valve while the unit is still vacuuming. At that point the motor should turn off. If what you placed on the inside is still being held to the hole then my guess is it is not the valve that is leaking.

Next place the lid on the container and start your vacuum. Once it shuts down close the valve as normal and take a spray bottle that has red colored water in it. Spray the whole container/ gasket / value. At this point you should find your leak as the red colored water will be sucked into the container.

I know this is not much help as it is not a fix, but at least you will be able to locate the problem.

Let us know.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

jaeger

Jeff,
The only time I have had this problem it seems that I did not have the lid on either tight enough to start with or I did not have it on quite square around the top. My suggestion is to make sure the gasket is rinsed off/softened with warm water just before you are ready to seal the container.
Usually when I tumble, I run it longer than the 20 minutes it runs for. When I have the lid on properly it always still holding a full vacuum when I am done.

gotbbq

Jaegar,

I've considered the revo.  Is it worth it.  Do you see a big difference in the final product?

gotbbq

Oldman

I have one and have enjoyed it.  I use it more for non smoked items.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

I'll test as soon as time premits.  thanks for the suggestions ;D.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.