Inline fuse issues.

Started by TNRockyraccoon, February 21, 2014, 07:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNRockyraccoon

I was smoking some almonds yesterday when my Bradley shut down. I checked the breaker box and then checked my dedicated circuit with another tool and the power supply was fine.

So, I broke out my original SG and used it. It has switch issues and will turn off with the slightest vibration, but I babied it and finished my almonds. Bradley replaced this SG due to this issue.

I called Bradley and as always was very happy with them. They always seem just as concerned and urgent to fix the problem as I am. They think the power supply might have went out on the new SG and are sending a new one.

In the meantime, this weekend is the Daytona 500 and I have 15lbs of pork to smoke for my Fantasy Nascar League kickoff party. Which by the way, if any of you are NASCAR fans and want to join a free league please let me know. Anyway, I decided to try and fix the switch on my original SG.

I checked all the connections to the switch and it appeared everything is clean and making good contact. Then, I checked the inline fuse that feeds the hotwire to the switch.

I was shocked to find that there was not a fuse in it. Imagine that. The funny thing is, this is the original SG and it did work somewhat.....the power would flicker on and off if you vibrated it. I'm guessing the fuse connections were actually touching inside the fuse chamber. This allowed the unit to work, while the vibrations would cause the contact to come and go.

So, I put a fuse in it and viola! It works great and doesn't flicker on and off at all anymore. Anybody else ever heard of anything like this? Surely there is supposed to be a fuse in that link.....right?

I'm set to smoke the pig tomorrow and hopefully the new power supply will fix the new SG. I wouldn't be surprised if the part shows up tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Saber 4

Sounds like you got it figured out, you won't run out of SG's for awhile now.

TNRockyraccoon

Well....as it turns out the problem was not the power supply motherboard....it was a burnt fuse. The exact same inline fuse that was missing on the first SG blew on the second SG. Unfortunately, it burnt the plastic fuse holder and melted it together when it blew. I'm going to call Bradley again tomorrow and see about shipping the power supply back to them and maybe getting a new fused power line sent to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk