stoneware bread cloches

Started by WoodlawnSmoker, February 22, 2014, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodlawnSmoker

Quote from: tailfeathers on March 27, 2014, 03:00:18 PM
Be careful what you wish for. I finally got back to work the middle of last week, 1/2 day every other day. The time off hasn't been what you would call the fun kind, haven't been able to get out to the smoker but I have been able to do a little dehydrating/cooking/baking (thank God). It's about the only thing keeping me from going stir crazy. That and these forums. SWMBO has been fairly cooperative on some new toys, I've been playing the sympathy card pretty hard. Got a new KA stand mixer, and just ordered  chef's choice grinder attachment for it as well as a LEM 5# vertical stuffer. Sausage making here I come!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you're getting up and around again, just in time for spring!  Your pizza loaf looks great, Ive gotta try that.  You're going to love your new toys.

Saber 4

Man that loaf looks awesome, I can smell it from here. I wonder if the sauce could be added in the beginning with a little less water or if you could put the sauce in a couple of coffee filters to let the moisture drip out and leave you with a thicker tomato goodness, or maybe even a thick tomato paste with Italian seasoning mixed in. Just some off the top of my head thoughts for your tweaking batches. Keep us posted, I know I would have to slice it, a little butter and garlic salt and into the toaster oven for a little  super garlic bread action.  :D

tailfeathers

Exactly what is in store for tonight's supper. I'm thinking it'll make the best garlic toast ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

tskeeter

tailfeathers, you're going to love that stuffer.  I tried the KA stuffer attachment once.  It worked.  But is was slow and a bit fussy.  The LEM 5# stuffer?  Like ground meat through a tin horn.  I did upgrade from the plastic stuffing tubes that my LEM came with to the stainless ones.  Haven't tried them out yet, but some elk and pork summer sausage is on the docket for a week from tomorrow.   

NorthShoreMN

The lem 5# stuffer works very well. The stainless tubes are Great!!
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi