Feeder stopped working

Started by inm101, February 23, 2014, 09:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inm101

My feeder stopped working on my BS611. 

I opened the generator clam shell and found that the power control box has a blinking red light. 

I confirmed that the inline fuse is fine and that the connection from the box to the motor is ok, too.

Any ideas?  Neither the auto or manual feed works.

Saber 4

Sounds like your micro switch may have gone out, but others with more experience may have a different solution.

inm101

Support says the motor has gone bad and are replacing it under warranty.  They were very nice and quickly responded to my problem.

Saber 4

Glad to hear it was simple, customer service is great.

inm101

Have to say - I'm shocked!  When I talked to support they said I would need a new motor.  Low and behold a big box showed up just two days after I talked to them.  It had a whole new smoke generator, bowl, and biscuit tower.  Can't believe they sent all of that!  I was just expecting a motor :-D

Saber 4

Quote from: inm101 on February 26, 2014, 07:00:13 PM
Have to say - I'm shocked!  When I talked to support they said I would need a new motor.  Low and behold a big box showed up just two days after I talked to them.  It had a whole new smoke generator, bowl, and biscuit tower.  Can't believe they sent all of that!  I was just expecting a motor :-D

That doesn't surprise me at all they have the best customer service I have ever seen, make sure to hang on to the old one for spare parts down the road.

inm101

TNRockyraccoon

Quote from: inm101 on February 26, 2014, 07:00:13 PM
Have to say - I'm shocked!  It had a whole new smoke generator, bowl, and biscuit tower.  Can't believe they sent all of that!  I was just expecting a motor :-D

Almost the same thing happened to me.

I want to say Saber 4 gave me the same advice. Turns out it saved my butt as my new SG had a problem and I was able to fix my old SG to get me through and event we were hosting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk