BT1S1 wiring changes. Need help.

Started by wizeguy, February 24, 2014, 11:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizeguy

I have the old Bradley with the slide adjust and light for temp control on the front plastic panel.  I use an Auber Instrument controller thus I keep the slide adjusted to max. heat all the time and have no real use for it.  My front plastic panel finally broke completly and I just want to take it off and mount two rubber feet elsewhere to hold the smoker up. I has to be easy to bypass this circuit board and just tuck the wires away. Question is what wires get wire-nutted together?  I have two white wires coming from the smoker that go into the board. One terminates there. The other one is spliced to another white wire which travels over to the light with a red wire on the other side of the light returning to the smoker. Thanks in advance for any help.

TedEbear

Here's a pic of how I bypassed the circuit board on my slider controlled OBS.  I kept the red LED wired just because it was there and I sometimes wanted to see how the PID cycled the power on and off.

wizeguy

Thanks for the reply. You had a white and a blue wire coming from the smoker I assume. I always thought I could just connect the two wires together that came from the smoker and cap off the red "return" wire from the light.

outbackmac

I have a couple questions on this,   i Had to do some rewiring on my smoker,  i believe i have everything correct,  if i remove the 2 wires on my control board and bypass the board all is good.  but if i plug those same 2 wires to the board  nothing works,  my question is i have power on the terminal that i plug them onto.  if i use a jumper wire i can get it to work

TedEbear

Quote from: outbackmac on March 17, 2014, 08:10:47 AM
I have a couple questions on this,   i Had to do some rewiring on my smoker,  i believe i have everything correct,  if i remove the 2 wires on my control board and bypass the board all is good.  but if i plug those same 2 wires to the board  nothing works,  my question is i have power on the terminal that i plug them onto.  if i use a jumper wire i can get it to work

What kind of rewiring did you do to it and for what reason?  If you can post some detailed pics of how it is wired to your board it may help to determine why it is not working when plugged into the controller.