A Bradley Forum inspired Sunday lunch

Started by WoodlawnSmoker, March 02, 2014, 11:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodlawnSmoker

Hey folks, just wanted to say thanks for all the help and inspiration.  I wasn't eating this well two months ago.  Mostly everything we had for lunch today was learned about on this forum, great bunch here.

Let's see, we had smoked pickled eggs, smoked Hunter sausage, smoked cheddar and havarti, pickled onions, smoked sweet peppers and warm crusty bread right out of the oven.  Went nice with a glass of Barolo.

Gafala

I'll add one to this my fresh crusty bread for today.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Saber 4

barbquebec

Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on March 02, 2014, 11:54:07 AMWent nice with a glass of Barolo.
Great looking spread and love Barolo...do you make your own? The homemade bag-in-pail kits are very good. 8)

Quarlow

Here is one of my favs from the forum. This is a must try.

Mojo Cuban garlic sauce

4 Cups Orange Juice (unsweetened or preferably seville oranges)
1/2 Cup Lime Juice
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp Salt
1 head of Garlic
8 large sprigs fresh Oregano
1 small bunch Cilantro
2 medium onions

Dump juices into a container with tight fitting top
Chop onions & add to juice
Finely mince Oregano & Cilantro  add to juice

Peel Garlic Cloves & run through a Garlic Press - add salt to garlic & "grind" it together, to make a paste - let this stand for 1 hour & dump into juice.

Shake it up & Let it sit overnight before using.

Use it to marinade chicken or pork or whatever you feel good about. It is awesome stuff.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pensrock

Sounds like a pretty good lunch to me.  :)

tskeeter

Quote from: barbquebec on March 02, 2014, 04:40:24 PM
Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on March 02, 2014, 11:54:07 AMWent nice with a glass of Barolo.
Great looking spread and love Barolo...do you make your own? The homemade bag-in-pail kits are very good. 8)

Barbquebec, can you suggest a source or a brand?

barbquebec

Quote from: tskeeter on March 03, 2014, 09:47:03 AM

Barbquebec, can you suggest a source or a brand?
Here's the link tskeeter...
http://advintage.ca/en/winery-grade/mosto-italiano/

I've made most of these kits and settled on the Barolo and Rosso Perfetto.
I also make the Zin Blush for the summer. 8)

WoodlawnSmoker

Quote from: barbquebec on March 02, 2014, 04:40:24 PM

Yeah, the Barolo is especially fine with smoked cheese, I like it too.  For the last while I've just been going to those make it yourself places.  They use the same homemade kits but you just leave it at their premises while it's fermenting. 

pjplovedog

That all looks fabulous.  Splendid brilliant work.  :)
I love everything I learn here also.