Quilted cover to use when smoking/cooking?

Started by Northern_Hunting_Mom, March 15, 2014, 09:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern_Hunting_Mom

I know the Big Chief I still have has a quilted cover accessory that is safe to use when in use. This can be vital for cold windy days. I am already amazed that my husband bought us the NOBS, I cannot see how I can convince him to spend another $300 on a shed for the Bradley.... at least not yet. ;)

Is there such a thing for the Bradley line?

TedEbear

Bradley doesn't sell any type of blanket that I know of but I've read about people using various things to add insulation, such as water heater insulation.  There are many things that can help.  Just remember to not cover the top vent.

pensrock

The one thing about the Bradley is.... it is insulated inside the steel.  So it is not nearly as bad as something that only has one or two layers of steel and no insulation. The best thing is to keep it out of the wind. The Bradley like most other smokers do not do well in the wind. Now if your solution is to wrap an insulating blanket around it or put it into a shed or like me let it sit out on a covered deck. That would be your choice. I have no problems with mine on the deck. I do have the windy side of the deck covered with fiberglass sheeting to keep snow, rain and wind off the deck so it is pretty well protected.