Your one best tip...

Started by luvthatsmoke, June 29, 2006, 07:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvthatsmoke

Thanks for all of the help we have received.  We have done ribs and pork butt so far.  Both turned out great.  It is hard not to get kind of obsessed with this as a newbie.  We were not able to cook and eat the butt on the same day (started too late) and we used a recipe for the butt rub that was too much and too hot, so we ended up cutting off most of the bark.  Still we have been most grateful for all the tips.  The Maverick thermometer is a godsend.  The pucks will save on bisquettes.  We used FTC and were amazed at how well it worked.  We will probably try a chicken next and plan to not over-do the smoke time, since we don't want the smokey flavor to overpower the meat.  Haven't even thought about cold smoking yet!  We feel lucky to have discovered this site for tips from folks who know what they are talking about.  Thanks again!

iceman

Glad to see your having fun with the Bradley luvthatsmoke. Your right about the forum. Probably one of the best ones out there. Even when things don't go completely right you can still end up with some good eats. Keep at it and have fun! ;D

Arcs_n_Sparks

Dang! I thought FTC was "Follow The Chicks" Oh well......

3rensho

Remember too that Bubba Pucks don't cool off in a hurry so avoid picking them up with your bare hands right off the puck burner.  I found that out the hard way  >:( 

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

oguard

Here is my tip make sure there is cold beer in the fridge because smoking takes time ;D.Also have an extra lawn chair out for the neighbor that will want to join you for a beer and sample the treats that come out of that smoking cabinet.Take your time and it is addictive :P :P

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

headgames

#1  Belive half of what you see ....and even  less of what you hear ....... every place in the world except this forum.  lol

#2  Make the plan .  and  work the plan.  .......... try not to short cut yourself, I generaly regret it later

#3  PATIENCE ...  let the brines and smoker do the work ....... to help with this consider  a minimun I repeat a MINIMUM of 6 barley based beverages per smoke ..  lol
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

Chez Bubba

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on July 07, 2006, 08:00:41 PM
Dang! I thought FTC was "Follow The Chicks" Oh well......

Arcs, I thought it was F......................., oh nevermind, I'll just have to get the tat removed! ;D ;D

Luv, best advice I can give is come here & ask advice. We have a tremendous group of knowledgeable and sharing individuals. It has become a community unlike any other forum that I know.

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

YUP...Kirk is back...And it seems he hasn't lost his form either...Dang it was getting boring around here.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...