Dry cure using UMAI Dry bags Lomo / Lonzino

Started by NorthShoreMN, March 14, 2014, 05:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthShoreMN

Two pork tenderloins pulled from cure this morning and rinsed / soaked for an hour.
One rolled in smoked paprika (lomo) the other in herbs de province.  They each weighed a pound.
Vacuum sealed in a UMAI dry bag  and put in extra refrigerator to dry.   Will be followd next week by
A pork collar coppa.

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Saber 4

Looks like a great project Paul, can't wait to see the results

NorthShoreMN

As I mentioned on the post above some more umai dry bag items were in the works.
Added a pork collar from Snake River Farms to a dry bag today.  It has been in coppa style cure for 18 days.  Also had 4 duck breast half pieces about 8 oz each that were done curing and put into dry bag for duck prosciutto .  Now it's all wait and see. 

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

forever." Mahatma Gandhi

SiFumar

NorthShoreMN

Took the pork tenderloins and duck breasts out of dry bags today. Pork had lost close to 40% of its weight! May have left too long.  Duck breast lost 32%
Duck

Pork/herb coated

Pork paprika coated

All turned out good, will cut back on herb coating some next time.

forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Saber 4

ragweed

It all looks great, Paul.  If I remember right, you already have my address.  ;) ;) ;)

Smoke some

looks awesome... something else for the to do list