Happy Canada D(eh)

Started by tsquared, June 30, 2006, 05:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

I hope all you Canucklehead smokers have a great long weekend and a great Canada Day. I just brought home a new salmon rod and reel for the beginning of my season and hope to get out to test it out at least twice over the next 3 days. Have a good one!
T2

whitetailfan

Thanks Tom.  Had a nice Canada Day.  Took the boys camping for the weekend.  Put up a flag on a tree, and donned my Canada Flag Tophat.  Cooked hotdogs and drank beer.  Perfect. ;D

Hope the fishing went better for you than me ;)
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Smokin Joe

How'd the new rod and reel work out for ya?

We went fly fishing over the long weekend...first time for me.  Pardon the pun, but I'm hooked!  ;D
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

tsquared

The new rod and reel worked beautifully---on a big mess of kelp! ::) The weather was on the edge of being fishable(blowing 25) and there were no salmon to be had but it sure felt good to be out on the saltchuck. We're going up for a traditional beginning of the summer unwinding session campout on the beach on Monday. We usually go for 3 or 4 days and stuff ourselves with all the crab, salmon and rock cod we can catch, with a few wobbly pops to wash it all down. Can't wait...

asa

wobbly pops?  -  let me guess, eh?
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!