Finally! I'm Stoked!!

Started by Chas., March 15, 2014, 08:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chas.

Howdy From Wyoming!
I FIANLLY got my BS611 Bradley and can't wait to get started. Got it seasoned last night and have a freezer & fridge full of Elk & Beef that I'm trying to figure out which to start with and what to do.  So many recipes and so little time!  I can tell by what I've read already in the Forums, I will be referring to this site on a regular basis. Looks great!
Thanks, and be gentle with this newbie!
Chas.

tailfeathers

Hello from South Dakota. A freezer and fridge full of elk and beef sounds like the sort of problem we should ALL be faced with! What to do what to do? Have fun, keep the vent open, and ask any questions you may have. Someone will have the answer you need and be happy to help you. Welcome to your newest addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  Here's a link to even more recipes.  It's a site run by Bradley owners, not the company.

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

TNRockyraccoon

Quote from: tailfeathers on March 15, 2014, 09:25:44 AM
A freezer and fridge full of elk and beef sounds like the sort of problem we should ALL be faced with!

You ain't lying. I love elk but it's rare for me to get my hands on it.

Anyway, Welcome to the pit Chas. Your going to love that smoker and what it does for your stock pile of goodies.

One tip I will give is to always allow more than enough time on your smokes as it's a lot easier to keep finished food hot than it is to finish food in a hurry. Oh yea, and cooked to the correct internal temperature as opposed to cooking for a specific amount of time.

Show us some pictures of that elk.  :)

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

River Rat

River Rat
"Smoke On"

WoodlawnSmoker

Welcome from Ottawa Chas!  This is a great place, read all you can, lots of good info here.

Northern_Hunting_Mom

I am feeling the same way. After smoking with a Big Chief in the past, I will be giddy for months! I wish I had more moose and deer in the freezer.

Chas.

Thanks to all!
Unfortunately, Rocky, I have no pictures of that elk on this machine I can post at the moment, but I am presently watching a set of it's top round jerky strips become a nice brown, smokey, delectable treat.  The first batch I made with Beef flank turned out a little dry.  Too much time in the dehydrator.  Live and learn. The results disappeared quick, though.
I wish I didn't have to work for a living. I'd be Hunting & Fishing non-stop to keep my new Bradley running 24/7!
Be talkin with you'all in the other forum subjects.
Thanks!
Chas.

Saber 4

dman4505

Welcome from Iowa
Only get elk here once a year when my stepson brings us some from Montana over Christmas
Have fun, ask questions and post some pictures when you can

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.