Hi There

Started by blokie, March 20, 2014, 08:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blokie

Hi To All,
             I'm new to smoking and just bought my first smoker, the digital 4 rack. Its unboxed and sitting in the living room in all its glory. Cant say its going to stay there for long once the wife see's it. Looking forward to getting it outside to season it and get smoking some goodies, but this crappy Ontario winter is not letting up.

Cheers
Chris

tskeeter

Blokie, welcome to the forums.  A great place to ask questions about smoking, sausage making, and using your Bradley smoker.  There is a ton of expertise here and an lot of really experienced folks who are very willing to answer questions and make suggestions.

The link below goes to a web site that is the repository for recipes from the forums most experienced smokers.  To me, the recipes are fun to read, a great source of information (because they tend to be Bradley specific, they can be more detailed than typical smoking recipes), and a wonderful source of ideas for things to make.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes&s=5b2068940860adfc2f5a111ab40109bb

River Rat

Welcome from Maryland.  This is the best forum I have ever been a part of.  Great people and advice. Don't be afraid to ask anything, the forum members here know their stuff.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

manfromplaid

and don't be scared to use the smoker in the crappy ontario weather. i use mine in the crappy alberta weather and it all works out good. if you have any problems  here is the place to ask and get back on the right track   welcome from alberta ;D

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from Minnesota
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

tailfeathers

Hi from South Dakota! And to echo what others have said, you can use your smoker year 'round with just a few basic precautions (shelter from wind being foremost). Have fun and take pictures. We like pictures!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

WoodlawnSmoker

Welcome from Ottawa.  I've been smoking in this crappy weather constantly since I got mine for Christmas, it works just fine.  Do yourself a favour and do some reading on this site, there's lots of information and some master smokers with much knowledge.

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, everyone's right, do some reading and get smoking you'll love it.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

dman4505

Quote from: tailfeathers on March 20, 2014, 01:05:01 PM
Hi from South Dakota! And to echo what others have said, you can use your smoker year 'round with just a few basic precautions (shelter from wind being foremost). Have fun and take pictures. We like pictures!

Welcome from Iowa
As Tailfeathers has stated keep the wind of her back and she'll do fine in almost any weather.
Take a picture of her as she looks now because she won't be shiny and pretty for long.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

beefmann

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.