help me......someone.....please!!!!!

Started by tailfeathers, March 24, 2014, 06:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Quote from: Caneyscud on March 25, 2014, 11:40:05 AM
Saber 4 - saw nicely colored cap in one of your posts - put that together with the moniker and deduced you probably wore boots in your senior year.  Class of '78 myself.  Redneck non-reg though - lived in Law.  Born on the riverwalk.  Haven't been on the forum for awhile - other interests have grabbed my free time.

Alas, I come from a long line of senior boot wearer's but I didn't have the grades for that fine higher education, you may have known my uncle class of '80 C-1. I pulled my screen name from my radio call sign as a Cavalry Scout Platoon Sergeant. Hope we see more of you around here.

mwilliams7967

Hi my name is Mike and I have an addiction!!! There is no cure! Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caneyscud

Saber - Didn't know many in C-1 that I remember - especially, now 35 years after the fact.  If I remember correctly most of the C-1 cadets were in Agriculture and Science.  I was in Building Construction and was mainly around the engineers.  E-2, F-2, and Dog Company (D2).  Hmmm Calvary and San Antonio - Fifth Army?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Saber 4

Quote from: Caneyscud on March 26, 2014, 01:49:12 PM
Saber - Didn't know many in C-1 that I remember - especially, now 35 years after the fact.  If I remember correctly most of the C-1 cadets were in Agriculture and Science.  I was in Building Construction and was mainly around the engineers.  E-2, F-2, and Dog Company (D2).  Hmmm Calvary and San Antonio - Fifth Army?

My Cav day's in San Antone were with the Guard out at Camp Bullis.

Caneyscud

My grandad was stationed at FSH for years - but lived near Bullis - went to Bullis every so often.  We lived not too far from Brooks AFB.  My boss' dad was a ski paratrooper stationed in the Italian Alps.  Part of his training had him going thru Bullis, but actually training at a long closed training base nearby.  When they arrived all that they had been issued was their alpine gear and it was summer - said the hottest he had ever been in his life - and he was from GA!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Saber 4

Bullis in the summer with Alpine gear would be nasty. My grandfather had also trained in tanks there before shipping out for D day and I got to drive my APC on some of the same trails as he did.