4th of July Brisket

Started by Oldman, July 02, 2006, 05:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ListerD

LOL! I stole it from another forum I read. I've seen it on plenty of other sites too.

Looks DAMN good Raye!

Oldman

LD
Thanks but that image is BigSmoker's ~~! As good as it looks I still think I will stick with the point.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

I ate the point as well just no pics of it :P :P :P.  I'll still take aged prime rib 1st though anyday ;D ;D ;D.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

begolf25

Quote from: Oldman on July 02, 2006, 05:21:22 AM
the points will reach a temp of 185F.  Remove from smoker and wrap the tented points up in a heavy towel. Place in a preheated cooler close lid and monitor as they will continue to cook.  Target temp. for finished product is 190F.

Olds, did a brisket flat using your method and I must say it turned out great.  I did have one problem though and this seems to happen to me all the time. 

I was smoking this for a party Sunday for the Skins game.  I timed everything pretty well.  The brisket was done around 10:00am.  I figured I could FTC it for a few hours until we were ready to eat and it would still be hot.  As soon as I removed the brisket I wrapped it tightly in foil and a couple towels and put it in a preheated cooler.  Only thing is when I put it in the cooler it did not continue to cook or maintain the temp. it began dropping pretty quick.  It went from 185 to 175 in about 30 minutes.  I knew at this rate I couldn't leave it in the cooler as long as I wanted to. Is there any secret to this?  I don't think I have had a cut of meat I was smoking continue to cook while I FTC it yet.