Stainless Steel Table Build

Started by waycoolcat, March 29, 2014, 01:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waycoolcat

I found a great stainless steel table on Amazon. Its the Sevile Classics Professional Chefs Cutting Table SHE18321. It's top is 24" wide and 20" deep so it has a great footprint for my digital 4 rack. Shipped on Amazon Prime its $85.99.

The first thing I did was use a Dremel cutting disk (a hacksaw would work too) to remove 6" from the top of the legs. I wanted it to sit lower to lessen the chance of wind tipping it over. Then I bolted it to the s.s. table top. To save someone else the time to figure it out here's a brief description.

Remove the four rubber feet. Hacksaw the heads off two of the screws. Finger tighten them into the front feet positions. Apply a drop of ink and press down a thin strip of wood. Use a 3/16" bit to drill out the holes. You'll need four s.s. 10-32 x 1 1/2" bolts with four s.s. washers about an inch or so wide. Use two of these bolts to check alignment and screw the strip of wood onto the front feet position. Label it "front". Repeat for the back legs (they differ in distance apart on my digital model). Now you have two strips screwed into position across the front and back. Apply glue to two more strips of wood and spring clamp them front to back on both sides. In an hour or so you'll have the perfect template to drill the holes on your s.s. table top. Just check under the table to make sure a support won't be in the way.

I want to be a better carnivore!

Saber 4

Indy Smoker

You did a nice job balancing the table on the smoker.
Oh . . . The pic was upside down.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk