V Tray mod.

Started by Shasta bob, March 31, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasta bob

All, I'm looking to do a mod to the V tray, question is since I use the 13"x9"x1.5"deep Foil pan for my water pan what would be the problem of add in two more holes in the V tray for grease drainage, down the middle. making sure they drain into the water pan of course.  Or is there a problem with the new drain holes draining on to spent pucks? I hope someone has tried this
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Saber 4

I don't know if there would be a problem unless you drilled a hole over the SG which could result in a fire. You might also want to flare your hole out so that the drippings fall and don't run along the V and possibly get to the SG

Shasta bob

Yes the plan is to drill the holes down the middle of the V. Still looking for more input. Thanks
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

rexster

Quote from: Shasta bob on March 31, 2014, 07:04:17 PM
Yes the plan is to drill the holes down the middle of the V. Still looking for more input. Thanks

To echo Saber 4's post, just drilling holes I the center, without flaring the holes on the bottom side, or the cook box exactly level there is a chance of grease running down the incline into either the SG or the opposite side and onto the bottom of the cooker.
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

TedEbear

Quote from: Shasta bob on March 31, 2014, 07:04:17 PM

As long as there aren't any holes over the puck burner I don't see a problem.

GusRobin

Why do you think you need to add the extra holes? Maybe enlarge the hole if you have an older model with a small hole. But I don't see the advantage of additional holes. Single one works fine. (at least mine does.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.