Heating Element???

Started by Aces, July 02, 2006, 04:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aces

Started a Brisket today to have for the 4th...   All was going well, and then no heat...   I tried to check everything, the only thing I can figure out is the Heating element died...   :'(

Anyone have this happen mid smoke....???

I ended up wrapping the Briskets in foil and putting them in the oven...   Hope they come out... 

Habanero Smoker

Never happened to me. Check the fuse on the back of the generator box to see if it has burned out, and make sure your plugs are tight. Also make sure the screws on connecting the quartz lamp are secure, but don't be careful not to over tighten then, you can break the porcelain connectors. If that fails to get you heat, call Bradley support.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Aces

I had checked the fuse and even plugged in the heating element direct...   The light (power light) is on but no heat...   I'll call Bradley tomorrow...  I was hoping to do some ribs on the 4th....

Habanero Smoker

Wow! This is bad timing. Bradley service is good, but with tomorrow being the holiday, I don't think you are going to get replacement part by then. In the mean time, while waiting for Bradley. Did you check the screws on the quartz bulb (heating element)? Make sure they are all snug. Remember to not over tighten those screws.

You can still cold smoke your meat products in the Bradley and finish them off in the oven, or grill.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Well this is one time where you might be able to have your cake and eat it too.

Smoke your ribs with just the generator. After the period of smoke you can take the ribs and place them in a foil boat. Splash with apple juice and close it up. Place in oven with the oven set for 200 - 205F--no more unless your oven is PID controlled. If PID set it 2 degrees below that of boiling water.

Otherwise, just slow grill them.

Good Luck!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

owrstrich

i have had ablolutly no problems except for my very first smoke...

it was about 90 deg outside... i preheated to 200 deg and loaded a giant brisket... the temp droped to 150 deg and never recovered...

i pulled the brisket at 140 deg internal... wrapped in foil with apple cider... put in 210 oven till internal hit 185... the brisket was smoked and juicy and good...

my red light was on... so i unplugged the box from the generator and plugged the box directly into the wall to see if there was glow... no glow...

bradley sent me a new slider... i had it in less than 24 hours... still no heat... they sent me a new heat element... i had it in less than 24 hours... and that fixed it...  there was no glow to the defective element... the new element glows brightly... had to see in sunlight...

i would do what olds recommended and i would call bradley and ask for both a slider and a element...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...