Cold Smoke Adapter Height

Started by Shark Bait, March 24, 2014, 09:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Bait

For those of you using the Bradley Cold Smoke Adapter I have a couple of questions.

1.   How much lower than the base of the smoker cabinet are you placing the adapter?

The reason I ask is - obviously the CS adapter needs to be lower than the smoker to ensure the smoke rises and flows through the smoker. I have my smoker on a stand that I built and now I need to build a stand for the adapter. So how much lower should it be?

2.   Have you found that the 4" ducting supplied with the adapter is long enough to cool the smoke (this obviously depends somewhat on the ambient temperature) or have you lengthened the ducting?

CoreyMac

Actually my adapter sits on the same table as my smoker. There is an "s" bend in the pipe to get it to go into the smoker. I initially thought that I had to have the adapter lower to get the smoke to travel into the cabinet but it finds its way in no problem. No smoke leaks, never comes back through the adapter.  As far as the temp of the smoker when cold smoking, I can keep mine a low as 85deg. It works very well, cheese is the most tricky for temp and I've done lots with great success.

Corey

Roget

The top of my adapter sits just below the bottom of the smoker. (probably no more than 6 minches below)
Works great.
YCDBSOYA