I HAD TO TRY IT

Started by OldHickory, April 04, 2014, 02:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

Quote from: pjplovedog on April 06, 2014, 03:24:10 PM
That's really a nice looking loaf.  Did you preheat the baker in the oven before putting the bread dough/batter in or did you put it into the baker without preheating it?  I do mine in a big coated cast iron pot that I preheat, but I would really like a baker that is more of a loaf shape vs. round. 
That's all I need- another excuse to shop on Amazon.   ::)
It's way too easy for a shopping hater to shop online these days.  :)
Paula

You preheat the baker just like your pot.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

pjplovedog

Quote from: Gafala on April 06, 2014, 03:32:44 PM
Quote from: pjplovedog on April 06, 2014, 03:24:10 PM
That's really a nice looking loaf.  Did you preheat the baker in the oven before putting the bread dough/batter in or did you put it into the baker without preheating it?  I do mine in a big coated cast iron pot that I preheat, but I would really like a baker that is more of a loaf shape vs. round. 
That's all I need- another excuse to shop on Amazon.   ::)
It's way too easy for a shopping hater to shop online these days.  :)
Paula

You preheat the baker just like your pot.
Oh, good to know.  Thank you. 
I'm in trouble now, another Amazon delivery on the way!  Actually cannot wait to try this baker.  I have been making that no-knead bread for years - pretty much the same recipe that's been shared here.  It always turns out so yummy and nobody believes that I made it myself.  Just gotta plan ahead so for timing purposes.  :)
I am sure I will love the loaf shape pan! 

renoman

Quote from: Saber 4 on April 06, 2014, 07:12:46 AM
Quote from: renoman on April 06, 2014, 06:27:23 AM
$114.65 on amazon.ca  >:(
Amazon.com will not ship this to Canada.
I see Oldhickory is from BC so was wondering where he got his and how much he had to pay.
Did you Cross the border to get it?

Williams Sonoma has some Canadian stores that should carry or ship it up north. Not sure if that's what Hickory did for his though.

I see there is one here in Edmonton. Gonna have to brave the WEM zoo and check it out.

Saber 4

Quote from: renoman on April 07, 2014, 06:06:27 AM
Quote from: Saber 4 on April 06, 2014, 07:12:46 AM
Quote from: renoman on April 06, 2014, 06:27:23 AM
$114.65 on amazon.ca  >:(
Amazon.com will not ship this to Canada.
I see Oldhickory is from BC so was wondering where he got his and how much he had to pay.
Did you Cross the border to get it?

Williams Sonoma has some Canadian stores that should carry or ship it up north. Not sure if that's what Hickory did for his though.

I see there is one here in Edmonton. Gonna have to brave the WEM zoo and check it out.

Keep us posted so other's in Canada can know where to get one. :)

renoman

Went to WS in WEM today and they do not carry the baker at that store. Have it in Calgary and Quebec but not here. Girl said she could have it sent to me for 75.00 plus 26.00 shipping plus tax. I asked her if she could bring one in and she said she would try and get back to me. I will keep you posted.

Saber 4

Quote from: renoman on April 08, 2014, 05:42:50 PM
Went to WS in WEM today and they do not carry the baker at that store. Have it in Calgary and Quebec but not here. Girl said she could have it sent to me for 75.00 plus 26.00 shipping plus tax. I asked her if she could bring one in and she said she would try and get back to me. I will keep you posted.

If it wasn't so expensive to ship from Texas to Canada I'd go pick one up for you and ship it but it would be more than that to ship.

renoman

manfromplaid found out how to get it for 68.51 plus 10 bucks shipping from WS. I ordered it today.

Saber 4

Quote from: renoman on April 10, 2014, 02:54:15 PM
manfromplaid found out how to get it for 68.51 plus 10 bucks shipping from WS. I ordered it today.

You gonna love it, we had tuna salad on toasted crusty bread slices for dinner tonight.

tailfeathers

Quote from: Saber 4 on April 10, 2014, 09:42:16 PM
Quote from: renoman on April 10, 2014, 02:54:15 PM

You gonna love it, we had tuna salad on toasted crusty bread slices for dinner tonight.
X2. Just wait until you get that baby seasoned, you will love this pan. Now comes the fun part, playing mad scientist with bread ingredients!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Dano

Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)