Looking for a fan kit for my 6 rack

Started by Route 36, April 04, 2014, 05:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Route 36

I have just used my Auber-ws and what a difference faster and no fatting out,sausages wete great. Was wondering about a fan kit not sure where to get one.Any ideas out there? also I live in Canada so I have to import if no dealers here.
Tx
The Griz

TNRockyraccoon

There are many threads on here that tell how to add a fan. I'm not sure if there is anywhere to buy a complete kit, but buying the pieces to do it yourself isn't very expensive. Not sure how easy they will be to get in Canada.

Here's a link to my fan install. http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=34493.0
Plus, inside my thread is a link to Drano's install which helped me out immensely.

CoreyMac

I'm looking at installing a fan in my 4 rack also. The recipe site mentions getting the parts from Grainger. I put the part numbers in the Acklands/Grainger website and they came up. Haven't gone over there to see if they can bring them in but at least Acklands shows the part numbers as good. There are Acklands all over in Canada.

Corey

TNRockyraccoon

I purchased all of my stuff from Zoro tools and most of it was slightly cheaper than Grainger, However I do not know how accessible Zoro tools is in Canada.

tskeeter

Rocky, I saw your other thread referred to the part number of the motor you used.  Do you also have part number for the fans you selected?  I like to do pulled pork.  And the cooking time reduction you got makes me think that I want to be making your fan mod to my six rack.

TNRockyraccoon

This is the 2" diameter fan used inside the smoker. Mfr#  2MXY4

I also used a 2.5" fan as the motor cooling fan in the motor box on the exterior of the smoker. I can't seem to find it now but I suppose the 3" fan would work. Mfr# 2PYP8