Shipping smoked cheese

Started by Jkwellborn, April 07, 2014, 08:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkwellborn

I've got some smoked cheese I want to ship to a buddy in Austin. It's still vacuum sealed. Can I just thought it in a box and send it? Or do I need to do something special to help keep it cool?

Jim O

I've shipped it half way across Canada and only put it in a small box with no apparent problem,but maybe I was just lucky.
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

pensrock

I would think it is not going to be too warm this time of year. I would be more concerned if it was the middle of summer and it was sitting in the back of a truck somewhere. But now i think you would be fine.

Saber 4

You can always send it to Dallas and I can check it and make sure it's ok before sending it on to Austin. ;) :D ;)

Jkwellborn

Quote from: Saber 4 on April 07, 2014, 07:54:41 PM
You can always send it to Dallas and I can check it and make sure it's ok before sending it on to Austin. ;) :D ;)

I would, but that's about 2.5 hrs out of the way. Lol

Saber 4

Quote from: Jkwellborn on April 07, 2014, 10:24:41 PM

And there's no telling how much would be lost in Quality Control testing before making the rest of the journey....lol

Caneyscud

Quote from: Jkwellborn on April 07, 2014, 10:24:41 PM

If thats not far enough then send to Nashville.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"