Loved it the first two times I used it

Started by Vinny, July 03, 2006, 07:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Received it back in December as a birthday present from the wife.  Made two great meals.  Most expensive meals ever, because I took it out of winter storage in the garage and it will not start.  Checked the fuse. It was fine.  Thing is dead as a door knob.  Not at all impressed by the quality. And to top it all off, I go to Bradleysmoker.com, and their website won't load.  Is this company in trouble or what?  Very expensive couple of uses.  I guess I will stick with the charcoal smokers I have been using for years.  I thought this would be great for the times I didn't want to deal with charcoal, but I guess I was dead wrong. 

Ruined the day.  No charcoal, and no place to buy it until 8:00 a.m., so people will be hear for hours before the meal is done.  Really disappointed with the quality of this unit.

TWICE!!!!!!!!  It only worked TWICE!!!!!!

manxman

Hi Vinny and welcome to the forum, shame it is not in happier circumstances. Don't blame you for being hacked off!!

The user manual gives details of contact phone numbers for Bradley, I would suggest giving them a ring as the unit is less than a year old and covered by warranty. That will give them a chance to try and ascertain the exact cause and send out appropriate replacements. (typically it is the smoke generator that people have problems with)

There are numerous posts on this forum as to how good and quick Bradley are at sorting out warranty issues, as I also know from first hand experience.

Yes, a few people do have problems in the first instance but once these are sorted the smokers typically then go on to give years of service so it is well be worth sticking at it.

Don't know what the matter with the website is, I can't get into the US/Canada site either. This is not normally a problem. I don't have the US contact number available, perhaps someone can post it just in case you have'nt got the manual.

Good luck.................

Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Sorry about your problem. The trouble with storage is that if you have a rodent problem they like to chew at the wire insulation.

I have had problems with the Bradley website in the past, but was able to log just a little while ago.

You can contact them at (800) 665-4188.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TomG

Vinny, I'm sure you've already checked, but make sure your household outlet is hot especially if it has GFCI.  :) 

Oldman

Vinny when folks come here with problems asking for help and advice we all jump in to help out. When they come in as a flame I take a different tack which I will with you.

QuoteThing is dead as a door knob.  Not at all impressed by the quality.

If you were not impressed with the quality why did you even use it?  I've purchased 3 units and for the monies spent the dollar was well invested.

Quote And to top it all off, I go to Bradleysmoker.com, and their website won't load.  Is this company in trouble or what?

I just checked and they have added a audio - vid that loads up automatically.  The delay in the site loading up by my guess is you are dial-up and you did not wait for it to cache.

QuoteI guess I will stick with the charcoal smokers I have been using for years....  Ruined the day.  No charcoal, and no place to buy it until 8:00 a.m.

*Chuckle* If your post had not been a flame I would feel your pain....

QuoteTWICE!!!!!!!!  It only worked TWICE!!!!!!

Seeing how you cannot get on the Bradley site here is their number: Toll Free: (800) 665-4188  8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. PST Monday through Friday.

Now be prepared to tell them what your unit does or does not do.
Does the generator light come on? If so does the plate get hot?
Does the box light come on? If so does the element get hot?
Beside just looking at the fuse did you take the time to change it out?
If the generator light comes on and the box light did not did you try running power to the box direct?
If the generator light does not come on did you try running power to the box direct to see if the box's light comes on?

While the most member's here are great folks, when it comes to me the ole gamer comes out of me when I see a flame and no details, so all I can do now is *Chuckle*

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Here here *clapping*.  Very well said Olds.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

bubbagump

Vinny,

I don't know how you can put down the quality of the Bradley smoker when you don't even know what's wrong with it. Other than checking the fuse what else did you check?

You only used it twice and by your own admission the meals were great, so it obviously worked fine. After that you stored it away for months in your garage, pulled it out and it wouldn't work. The whole problem could be a result of how you stored it.

Although you never asked for it you were given some good advice.

First: TomG is right on - double check the receptacle you're plugging into. If it is GFCI protected it may have tripped.

Second: Unless you checked your fuse with an ohm meter I would do as Olds recommended and change it out. I have seen glass fuses that looked perfectly fine by visual inspection, but when tested with a meter they were actually open.

Third: If it's not the receptacle or the fuse I would suspect, as Habenaro Smoker pointed out, that mice may have gotten into the smoke generator and chewed through some wiring. And if that's the case then that would not be any fault of Bradley's.

Is the smoker perfect, no nothing is. But you can be confident in the fact that Bradley will always stand behind their product. Give it, and Bradley, more of a chance.

Bubbagump

Oldman

It is to bad I don't have admin rights and site rights to this place. If I did I would  put Cyber Dude on this person and track this poster down and make sure he was or was not the same person who from time to time flames the Bradley.

I understand frustrations; I understand being up set; However as  bubbagump said,
QuoteI don't know how you can put down the quality of the Bradley smoker when you don't even know what's wrong with it.

If what Vinny did is not a flame then BBQ me in Iceman's attitude sauce.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!