New Orleans style Muffuletta(Pic heavy)

Started by KyNola, April 08, 2014, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

YEP Something else I gotta have while in NOLA. Thanks Larry!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

My two favorite places in NOLA for muff's are Central Grocery although I am not all about standing in line and Napoleon House.  I actually think I prefer Napoleon House over Central Grocery.

tailfeathers

That looked so good I just had to try it. No mortadella so I subbed sandwich sliced pepperoni. One big a** sammich! Thanks for the inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

That looks like a winner to me!  Very nicely done.

tailfeathers

With just me and Mrs TF to feed it'll last a while, the thing was huge! We ate 1/4 of it last night for supper, will eat another 1/4 for lunch today. Time will tell how it turns out, but I vac sealed and froze the other 1/2 for future eats. I'm thinking if I thaw it, foil it again and reheat in the oven it should be fine. I'll let you know when the time comes. Next time (and there will be a next time, this thing is delicious) I'm gonna find a smaller loaf to build it on. Thanks!

tailfeathers

Just to update, we thawed out the half of this sammie that we had vac sealed and frozen, and it turned out very well. Some was foil wrapped and heated in a toaster oven, some I just microwaved and either way it was delicious! Will be making this again for sure.

SnellySmokesEm

Looks like it just came from Central Grocery!  Nice
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

rdevous

Larry,

That is an awesome Muffuletta!!!  I'll take a 1/4, a bag of Zapps, a COLD long neck Bud, and some Zydeco playing loud in the background!!!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!