Caney's annual flyfishing smokeout

Started by Caneyscud, April 11, 2014, 06:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

One heck of a spread Caney. Way to go!  :)

Caneyscud

Sorry Saber - got real busy putting out fires at work.  But Sandy got ya covered.  It evolved from a long time ago cooking for a big bunch of kids (100+) for a weekend - the breakfast casserole didn't go over all that well the year before, but that year I didn't have much help so still needed the ease of the casserole.  The church we were at had a big bunch of big muffin tins.  So decided I'd wrap the cup in bacon, plump some casserole in the cup and top with some hash browns and cheese.  Did a test run and found I better brown the hash browns first, but they worked. and were liked - something different.  10+ years ago, decided to try them in the smoker, but didn't use the casserole mix.  At the smoker temps the bacon wasn't getting as done as most like, so I came up with the "phases"   One important thing is to fry or brown up the tater tots before you use them.  I've also put the egg in and firmed it up in the smoker a bit, then layed a couple of jalapeno slices on top along with some kicked up cornbread batter then smoked and topped with cheese.  One of my fly fishing buddies came up with the name.   
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Saber 4

Thanks for the history, I'm going to have to try these on the next camping trip.