First Smoke 5am Help

Started by meyer lemon, April 13, 2014, 03:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meyer lemon

Pre heating for one hour temp 135 degrees.  Placed boiling water in puck bowl.
Connections solid.  Direct to outlet.  Pork butt waiting?

TedEbear

It sounds like the 500W main element is not on.  Are you sure that the connection between the smoke generator and the tower is tight?

meyer lemon

Have plugged directly into another outside receptacle now reaching 227 degrees.
Mav reading 192.  Checked all connections.  Waiting.  Thank-you for responding.

beefmann

1) check all  connections  between your   tower and smoke  generator be sure  there  firmly  seated
2)  open the  smoke generator  look  for any  loose  connections and re attach  id necessary

meyer lemon

Thank-you guys  Up to 248, mav 208.  Tightened connections till arm fell off.
Will finish in oven and check connections in generator. Help appreciated.

TedEbear

Here's a "how-to" with pics that describe how to take apart the smoke generator if you want to check the connections inside it.  Supposedly, it will not void your warranty.

How Do I Clean My Generator?

meyer lemon

To all those that assisted on my first smoke:
It was smokee errors not the smoker.  I'm definitely a Newbie
but willing to learn.  Thanks to all!

tskeeter

Meyer, the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.  We have all experienced some minor struggles as we learned how to use new equipment or tried our hand at smoking for the first time.  The great thing about this forum is that people here will happily help without criticizing.  And as you get more experienced, they will offer suggestions, help you trouble shoot, and guide and coach.  Often at hours of the day and night when help is hard to find (TedEbear is in the LA area, so he was responding to your inquiry at 4 AM his time.).

Welcome to the forums!

TedEbear

Quote from: tskeeter on April 14, 2014, 09:59:59 AM(TedEbear is in the LA area, so he was responding to your inquiry at 4 AM his time.).

Not unless I moved and someone forgot to tell me.  I live in the St. Louis area.  :)