Auber Controller Parameter Settings

Started by Shark Bait, April 13, 2014, 11:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Bait

I have just finished installing an 1100 W element in my Bradley 6 rack digital and I will be using an Auber dual probe for temperature control.

For those of you who have been using either the 1000 W dual element or the 900 W modifications I would like to know what Controller Parameters you have found works best. Could you please post the following:

Type of Bradley – OBS or Digital

Size – 4 or 6 rack

Type of heater element modification

Controller Parameters for:

P - Proportional Band

I – Integral Time

d – Derivative Time

I have searched both this and the recipe site but can only find a very limited amount of information about the best Parameter Settings. Any additional information and hints would be appreciated.

Thanks  :)

manfromplaid

i have the duel 500 mod  i used the auto tune feature found on the cd manual. my pid is the single probe and i have a 4 rack bds

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Shark Bait

Habs: I had not seen this information - Thanks.

The Auber controller I am using is the dual probe WSD-1204CPH. It appears the instructions you posted from Mike appear to be for a different controller as the unit I have does not have an "A/M" button and the instructions say only 6 steps can be programed. Can you please clarify?

Additionally, I am aware of the Auto Program feature but am hesitant to use it with the smoker full of meat. Do you know if the Auto Program function can be used with several bowls of water instead of meat and if the Auto Program function would be successful if you use water?

rexster

From the Auber forum (that is not real active)
For example, increase the P value from 70 to 140 for an extra 500W element.

I changed the setting on my 1203 model. I'm sure the actual settings of your 1204 model would be the same,
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

manfromplaid

i did my auto tune with a couple bricks

GusRobin

throw a chicken in and run auto tune.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.