Smoke shack finally in operation!

Started by BoxcarBetts, April 13, 2014, 04:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

First State Smoker

Love it! I'm sure many of us have been caught in the rain mid-smoke and it is no fun at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayes

My name is Kayes, and I love meat.

Bagman

Quote from: BoxcarBetts on April 13, 2014, 05:52:50 PM
Thanks!

Yeah, the 2x4s are untreated, much like my fence. I plan on staining that sometime this summer, so so I'll probably slap a quick coat on the smoker as well.  But elevating it ain't a bad idea...

Some kind of wheels would get it off the ground and away from the moisture and add a little mobility for cleaning under and such - very nice job!
If women can't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!  Red Green

BoxcarBetts

I've thought of that, Bagman. I actually have some castors leftover from... Not sure what they were from. But now that I've stocked up on bisquettes and pans and other things, I'm considering raising it up and putting some storage under. And then maybe put those wheels on it cos it'll be pretty heavy after that'
They say it's easier to quit heroin than it is to quit smoking!

tailfeathers

I've got mine on top of a two drawer night stand, got it at goodwill for about 3 bucks. The drawers are the perfect size to store extra racks, frog mats, pucks, scrapers and brushes, etc. Plus it gets the smoker up a few feet, I'm not flexible enough to use it when it sits on the ground.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

BoxcarBetts

Not to mention it might get my dog to stop peeing on it. >:(
They say it's easier to quit heroin than it is to quit smoking!

tailfeathers

Quote from: BoxcarBetts on April 25, 2014, 09:41:04 AM
Not to mention it light get my dog to stop peeing on it. >:(
See? All kinds of benefits! :o
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Quarlow

Nice looking smoke shack but I would have to have legs on it. My knees don't like to bend much anymore.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.