Auto feed issue

Started by Dougsts, July 03, 2006, 12:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougsts

Just got my 4 shelf digital this past Friday.  Saturday did three racks of BB ribs, without a hiccup, this morning managed some beef jerky,, and now im about 3 hours into a coho salmon smoke.  Now all of sudden it seems that the auto bisquette feed bar only goes back about half way, which doesnt allow the bisquette to drop down onto the feed plate.  This happens about 50% of the time.  anybod have any ideas?? BTW the ribs came out great,, but think i kinda over did the time on the jerky,, tasty but a bit dry

icerat4

Havint seen this problem.But wedsday customer service will be able to get ya going again.No worries there really good like that. ;D

#1 The Bubba Pucks

These pucks allow you to burn all of the chips in your hopper, no more half burnt chips wasting away, plus they are easy to clean just toss them in the dish washer and they clean right up

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Dougsts

thanks rat,,, its odd because its intermitant,, if it happened all the time i would think there was a blockage of some sort behind the transfer mechanism.,, i

icerat4

No thats the way these machine work.buy the bubba puck from kirk at chez bubba.they work great.Never waste pucks again.fill up the hopper then put the bubba pucks on top of those and one more puck on top of the bubba puck.This will leave the last 2 pucks on the burner plate .Got it .Any question just ask here plenty of good folks here too help out. ;D

Habanero Smoker

You should call Bradley, but in the meantime try what Thunder Fish did to resolve this same problem. It may work for you.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=2145.0

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Dougsts

thanks for the link Hab,, ill take to take it apart to see whats going on,, but ill wait till the salmon comes out

Habanero Smoker

I wouldn't wait for that. If you don't have time to fix it yourself, call Bradley they may send you another generator.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Dougsts

Spoke with Bradley today, and a new generator is on the way,, certainly cant complain about the customer service,, Thanks to all for your help

Dougsts

as of yet, havent recieved the new smoke generator.  called Bradley today and found out it hasnt even shippied.  just might have to take back the comment on the good customer service.  Actually took the bad unit apart and found that the motor will turn either clockwise or counter clockwise, seemingly at random when pressing the feed button. when it turns CW it works fine,, when it turns CCW, it binds and doesnt work.
Who knows when they will ship the new smoke generator, hopefully soon,

icerat4

Dougsts

Finally recieved the smoke generator.  Gave it a bench test without trying to smoke anything.  The puc pushing shuttle is rubbing, skipping and shaking already,, but will give it a try.  Hopefully it will last for awhile.
Thanks for the input of the folks who chipped in.