Bellies from Restaurant Depot

Started by rexster, April 16, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexster

Went to my RD today for pork bellies. While freezing in their cooler room, the single packages of bellies were 2.86 a pound but the case price was 3.19. Normally I just pick up the case and go, but this time I said what the hey? and picked up 3 single cryovac packages. Got to the checkout and sure enough, I was charged for the case price of 3.19. I told the checker about the price and after the stocker going back and forth, I was charged the advertised price of 2.86, saving big 10 bucks on the purchase. Told the checker I should have got a couple more, but 3 is all that will fit in the fridge while curing. This this was skinless bellies as well

Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Saber 4

That's some good looking belly ya got there Rexter, I have got to get registered with RD for sure.

rexster

From what I can tell, RD almost always have bellies, but this is the first time I've found skinned ones. Sure saves  me a lot of time
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Salmonsmoker

I've got a couple of pre-skinned bellies from RD in the freezer. They usually have skin on bellies too. If you have the room, stock up on both beef and pork. Word on the street(from a meat market owner)is that prices are going to be brutal come summer.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Dano

Looks great!  I just put the salts to 24lbs of belly last night - now for the 14 day wait.  The one side was about 75% meat so really looking forward to that piece!  :D
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

pensrock

No RD around me.... pout!  >:(
But that was a great deal and will make some great bacon.  :)

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: pensrock on April 17, 2014, 06:46:25 AM

With hamburger approaching $4/lb at Costco, I've been buying the cheaper sub primal cuts at RD and grinding my own hamburger.(sorry Pens, not trying to rub it in)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

tailfeathers

Quote from: pensrock on April 17, 2014, 06:46:25 AM
X2-nearest RD to Sioux Falls is in the Twin Cities or Kansas City. I'd consider Sioux City or maybe even Omaha, but 4 hrs one way is just too far. :'(
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!