10.5's Krewe Du Smoke 2014

Started by Tenpoint5, April 22, 2014, 07:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Miss Vicky and myself arrived in NOLA on Thursday evening and met up with Mr. and Mrs. Nepas. We went out for supper at Felix's Oyster Bar and restaurant. Raw oyster plate and Gumbo for me and Nepas had the grilled oysters. I stole one of his when he wasn't looking! They wasn't half bad.

Nepas Grilled Oysters

They was grilled right behind us even!! Smelled great as they were cooking.

You know where we went next don't you?? Yep

We took our Lovely brides to Pat O'Briens and went into the courtyard. I do believe I see the Spirit of the Phoenix in the fire!

I didn't even need a wheelbarrow!

Friday for breakfast was

and a really good Bloody Mary

Lunch was a Muffuletta

Dinner was a Oyster Po Boy Along the River

Saturday Breakfast was Beignets and Cafe Au Lait at Café Du Monde

Saturday night was the only meal I was unable to finish!! In my defense I did eat 3/4's of a Muffulatta for lunch at the Napolean House!

The Gumbo

The Crawfish Pie and the Jambalaya

Since I was all filled up with food. We met with Mr. and Mrs. Bam1 and Mr. and Mrs. Nepas once again at Pat O's
Momma had a Fuzzy Leprechaun and I had a few more Hurricanes. The printing on the glasses pretty much summed the weekend up for Miss. Vicky and I.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Wildcat

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Not a big fan of oysters personally, but NO has a lot of fine food including gator. Hard to beat those hurricanes. Nice photo's.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

pensrock

QuoteLooks like you guys had a wonderful time.
X2
I was in Houston once and we had oysters. The first batch were baked with cheese and seasoning on them. They were very good so then we got some raw and had some good cocktail sauce with extra horseradish in it to dunk them in. Man they disappeared fast. I did not think I would like them because I do not like clams, but these were great. Maybe because they were so fresh?

meyer lemon

Save some for me!!! We will be there next week  Jazz Fest.

KyNola

Meanwhile, Jan and I are still in New Orleans! Will head back to the real world tomorrow. Great friends, great food, great weather. Can't ask for much more

Saber 4

Glad y'all had such a good time and so much good food.

Quote from: KyNola on April 23, 2014, 07:49:57 AM
Meanwhile, Jan and I are still in New Orleans! Will head back to the real world tomorrow. Great friends, great food, great weather. Can't ask for much more

Have fun and a safe trip home guy's.

OldHickory

Thanks for taking the time for pic's to share with us.  I can tell you and your Ladies are having a great time, and the food looks wonderful.  Those oysters in NO are some of the best in the world.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

tailfeathers

Those oyster pics be KILLIN' me! I love those things.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Smoker John

Looks like a good eatin' & drinkin' trip, thanks for sharing
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Tenpoint5

I forgot to add Lunch on Saturday. A Muffuletta!! I ate 3/4's of it and Momma ate 1/4. That may explain why I couldn't finish my supper!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Is NO surviving or do we have to send out FEMA again?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

seemore

Looks like you guys had fun
Seemore

dman4505

Did ya bring those hats home for the Smoke out?
Not a big fan of oysters but the rest of the food looked good.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

pensrock

That Muffuletta looks much different that the ones I seen on TV. I thought they were supposed to sit under a weight to flatten them out before serving? But it does look great.  :)

Tenpoint5

This one was actually served hot. So I think it just matters who is making them