Author Topic: Safety ... Be aware  (Read 2734 times)

Offline ardoch

Safety ... Be aware
« on: April 23, 2014, 03:13:58 pm »
Problem:

While using my smoker yesterday for a 5 hour oven and 4.5 hrs of smoke we had a second very unsafe failure.  The unit loaded the first two pellets and after 1/2 hour loaded another pellet, and then about 1/2 hours later it loaded pellet after pellet and shoved the hot pellets out the back and tipping over the water filled containment container.  Had this happened with unattended, a potential fire hazards exists ... This is the second time this has happened, while the session in between went fine.

Offline tskeeter

Re: Safety ... Be aware
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 03:17:18 pm »
Sounds like it'd be worth giving the guys at Bradley a heads-up.  I think they would be very interested in what's happening.

Offline CoreyMac

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 03:39:28 pm »
Problem:

While using my smoker yesterday for a 5 hour oven and 4.5 hrs of smoke we had a second very unsafe failure.  The unit loaded the first two pellets and after 1/2 hour loaded another pellet, and then about 1/2 hours later it loaded pellet after pellet and shoved the hot pellets out the back and tipping over the water filled containment container.  Had this happened with unattended, a potential fire hazards exists ... This is the second time this has happened, while the session in between went fine.

I'm confused on "pellets" is that the pucks?   I just realized this is one of the table top units.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:04:08 pm by CoreyMac »

Offline Saber 4

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 07:07:10 pm »
Sounds like it'd be worth giving the guys at Bradley a heads-up.  I think they would be very interested in what's happening.

Definitely give them a call, the water container should fit snug enough to not tip out or over when pucks drop in it so it sounds like you have a couple of issues.

Offline ardoch

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 03:19:24 pm »
I did and they said that there is NO fix for this problem ... Stay safe ... Shop wisely ... /]/]ike

Offline Spidergirl

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 08:29:53 am »
At first, I wasn't too concerned about this issue because I place mine on the backyard barbecue grills. BUT, the electrical cord runs from RIGHT UNDER the deposit bin! How stupid is THAT?!? This is obviously a unit that requires to be babysat 100% of its operating time. That's a shame, but I'll use it to my advantage by setting up a comfy lounge chair right beside it  8)