Hi Guys! Long time, no post.

Started by Chez Bubba, July 05, 2006, 07:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

I just wanted to say hi to all of you who I "converse" with regularly here & let you know why I've been absent lately.

The real job is exceptionally busy. CB has been exceptionally busy. These are good things. We also have until the end of the month to prepare the basement for the contractor to come in & finish the project I started 10 years ago.

When I get home at 6:30 and help Anne pack boxes until 9:00, it's hard to look her in the eye & say I want to go to the forum for a couple of hours. My priorities are:

1) Anne
2) Real job
3) Shipping your orders
4) Forum

Besides, it's not like this great group we've become can't survive without me for a while.

I know there are topics out there that are asking me a direct question & I apologize for not sifting through & replying. Right now, if you have a direct question, please email me ([email protected]), that I am still dilligent in responding to.

Happy smokin' all & I'll be making wiseass comments on your posts soon! ;) ;D

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Chez Bubba on July 05, 2006, 07:40:23 PM
We also have until the end of the month to prepare the basement for the contractor to come in & finish the project I started 10 years ago.

Kirk
If it is anything like my last experience with contractors (no offense to any contractor on the board), you should be done in another 10 years. Contractors in my area have all over committed and are way behind schedule.

Glad to see things are going good, and you certainly have your priorities right.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

Hey come on habs thats not fair.Dont those guys always say 2WEEKS ONLY.Everything in that field of work is 2 weeks. ;D ;D ;D.So kirk that gives ya till the first part of august Lol.Happy home construction heheheheheheheh. ;D ;)

Just another weekend with the smoker...

iceman

Good luck Chez. I've only been trying to get the copper roof refinished the right way for 5 years. Ann was trying to get a deck builder out to the house for a small addition and was told "mabe in a couple years".
Well I'm now an official carpenter around the place. LOL ::) :o :D
BTW you have the priority list bullseyed. Have a good one. ;)

Oldman

Understand as you explained via the phone... it is just good for the members to know that the one person who stood here in the beginning alone is still around.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Hi CB I have definitely missed your postings especially the ones that find bits of humor in things most of us just read over ;D ;D ;D.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Chez Bubba on July 05, 2006, 07:40:23 PM
The real job is exceptionally busy. CB has been exceptionally busy. These are good things. We also have until the end of the month to prepare the basement for the contractor to come in & finish the project I started 10 years ago.

Congrats on the business for CB!!  You have earned it!
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

Darren

Hi Kirk and Anne,
Just wanted to let you know that I received my BS a couple of weeks ago and have been busy smokin up a storm ever since.
I would like to thank you for your excellent service and look forward to staying in touch when my supplies run down.
Great help
Great Service
Great people

Darren  :D
Smokin in Korea

icerat4

Let us know what your smokin out there. ;D yes indeed there service is great

Just another weekend with the smoker...

irish_smoker

I can attest to #2 being true, because when Kirk is busy with that it usually means he's waiting on something from me!  Thanks for taking the time to answer my smoking related questions at the end of business related phone calls.  And no, I don't bill you for that time. ;D

Chez Bubba

IWISH_smoker,

If I billed you back for the advice, you'd probably come out negative! ;D ;D

Glad to see you've come to the forums, these guys can tell you thousands of times what I can. (Except when it comes to butts, because I will lay my stake to fame as BD swingin' until someone can topple me.)

We've got to take the wives out for a dinner next 500. Come on..., admit it..., she's your wife! ;) I'm not going to do the guy trip, but will trying to figure out how to still participate in www.campandbrew.com to raise more money for http://www.220mph.com/brianswish/brianswish_main.htm.

Elmo's for cocktail & Ruth's for steak or are you up for some sushi?
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

irish_smoker

The (soon to be) wife and i would definitely be up for elmo's, ruth's or sushi.  she actually hostesses at ruth's one night every couple weeks and therefore has a 40% employee discount.  we take advantage of that as often as possible. 

just don't let anyone schedule a wedding for 500 weekend next year and we'll see you there.

Chez Bubba

What, no invite to the confiscation of your member? :D