Sauce Bauce is in the hospital

Started by Oldman, July 06, 2006, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Folk,
I've tried to keep up with a good member of this site. Sauce Bauce. Over the months things have not gone as well as he talks. 

I talked tonight with his wife.  He is back into the hospital and this time is it fluids... I won't get into his past health problems but they are not good...

This weekend I will again call his wife.  Let's us all pray and hope that Mr. SB comes home and is a smokin' again.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

I'll keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Habanero Smoker

Sad news. I'll definately keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokin Joe

I'm sorry to hear this...all our best to him and his family.
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

Chez Bubba

We're with you Don :(. Heal up & get back to doing what you do best.

Anybody want to go in on a cheer-up arrangement to be sent from the members? I'll coordinate, just send me an email.

I've seen this type of thing before on an unrelated forum & it really helps the spirits of the afflicted member. It's usually pretty heartlifting to know that a bunch of us internet dorks he's never met actually care.

Just an idea,

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

asa

Sure Kirk, count me in. Just let me know by email what we need to do.

Even though I've never corresponded with Sauce Bauce, I've been planning to do so ever since I first joined the forum and then read his burger recipe on the recipe site. My guess is that he must be a fellow traveller who spent time in Ithaca, New York. That is where I ran headlong into a gastronomic monstrosity called a Bo-Burger - at Obie's diner down by the railroad tracks. Made the same way, topped with a fried egg with cooked onions thrown into the yolk. A perfect way to end an evening in the wee small hours of the morning. Anyway Olds, if it seems appropriate to communicate that to him, please do. Or if it wouldn't be too intrusive, I'll write to him too. Please send him our regards and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Art
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

iceman

Prayers and thoughts are with you S.B.

Smokin Joe

I'd be happy to Kirk...count me in!
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

iceman

Definitely count me in Kirk. Whatever it takes to pick up the spirits I'm all for it.

winemakers

Oldman

Let's wait until I call his wife this weekend.  She seem to think *cough* that he would be coming home.  Let's all hope so.

Over the past few months I've called and talked with Don and I can tell you right now he is just a good ole boy that anyone would be glad to sit down with, have some Q and drink a cold one with.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!