20th annual BBQ on the River-Paducah KY

Started by KyNola, April 29, 2014, 08:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

I realize it's still 5 months away but I wanted to get this on the Forum so folks who might be interested in coming could start making plans now.  It is located in Paducah KY, lasts 3 days and 50 teams will be cooking for their respective charity.  On the last day there is a competition that Jan and I have helped judge for a few years now.  Last year, Saber4 and NePaS also were enlisted as judges.  The dates this year are 9/25-9/27.  80,000 pounds of pork and chicken will go up in smoke.

Squirtthecat and Hal4UK are confirmed as attending.  NePaS, Saber4 and BAM1 are planning to attend if schedules and family member illness allow.  Everyone is welcome.  Contact me if you have questions or need help with accommodations.  I'll be more than happy to assist.

Here is the link to the website for more information. http://www.bbqontheriver.org/

Saber 4

Saber 4

Booked our room this morning, if you want to have a great time in a neat town with good friends you need to make plans soon there weren't a lot of rooms left at the inn.

BAM1

Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

Saber 4

Quote from: BAM1 on May 06, 2014, 07:49:20 AM
Where's everyone staying?

NePas and us are staying at the Super 8 Paducah on Hinkleville? Rd

KyNola

Bryan, the hotel they are staying in is right off of the interstate and a straight shot 10 minute drive to downtown Paducah where all the smoke will be rolling.

NePaSmoKer

And a Gander Mtn within a stones throw.

jdhunt0

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: jdhunt0 on May 21, 2014, 07:35:18 AM
I'll be there again.

Yeah we had a hard time finding you last year through the other 74,999 people there   ;D

jdhunt0

I was the one with the UK hat.  How could you miss me?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: jdhunt0 on May 21, 2014, 08:20:55 AM
I was the one with the UK hat.  How could you miss me?

Now that narrowed it down to like 74,000  ;D

KyNola

Bumping this topic as it is getting closer.  Still plenty of time to make plans to attend.

meyer lemon

Quick trip from Nashville...looking forward to meeting all you extraordinary folks!

cajunboudreaux

This should be interesting, I am trying to get that way. Looking forward to it.
Laissez les bon temps rouler