20th annual BBQ on the River-Paducah KY

Started by KyNola, April 29, 2014, 08:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

It's getting closer to BBQ on the River!  Still plenty of time to make plans to come.  I'll be happy to assist in any manner possible.

dman4505

going to have to make it over for this someday
this year is out due to having to be in Montana in December for the arrival of our 8th grandchild

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

jdhunt0

I've not been very active on these forums since I bought a new smoker, but I'm still looking forward to BBQ on the river.  Not too much longer now.

KyNola

Saber 4

Leaving Texas on Wednesday Morning!!!!
;D ;D ;D

ragweed

Have fun everyone, stay safe.  Take lots of pictures.  Maybe we can make it next year!

squirtthecat

MrsSTC and I will be rolling into town Thursday evening..   ;)

jdhunt0

KyNola

jdhunt0

Headed down after work today.

You have a booth KyNola?

Smoker John

Hope to see some pictures of the event, enjoy the smoke!
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

KyNola

No J D. You will find us hangng out at Shandie's on the corner of 2nd and Broadway watching and drinking from a distance. Some of us are judging in the morning but should be done by noon. Come by and meet NePaS, Squirtthecat, Hal4UK, Saber4 and me.

Meyer Lemon(Cathey) came today. What fun to get to meet her.

jdhunt0

I did not see this post until today.  Sorry I missed you guys.

I did have the best brisket I have ever had this weekend.  I've got to get working on my recipe.

KyNola

Everyone is back home safe and sound.  Thanks to all who came to spend the weekend with Jan and me.  We had a great time and already looking forward to next year's event.  I did not take any photos this year.  Perhaps some of those who did will post some here later.

Seems like every year we have that one special moment.  Here is this year's.  I have a friend named Brad who is a Wounded Warrior.  Before last year's festival I asked Rick to make Brad a survivor bracelet in the Wounded Warrior colors which of course Rick gladly did.  I gave it to Brad and he was moved to tears that a total stranger would do that for him.  At last year's Festival Rick and Brad got to meet one another face to face.  That was pretty emotional.  This year I contacted Brad and he came down to visit with all of us on Thursday night.  On Friday night Brad came back and took Rick aside.  He was holding something in his hand and told Rick "I have something I want to give you and I will be vey hurt if you don't accept it".  With that Brad placed his Purple Heart Campaign Ribbon in Rick's hand.

How's that for special?