20th annual BBQ on the River-Paducah KY

Started by KyNola, April 29, 2014, 08:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdhunt0

squirtthecat

Some action photos..

(Brad did some Segway training)

Food!

(Saber 4 brought Jerky Rounds and some smoked Chex Mix - it didn't survive the weekend)

(needed a vegetable fix)

NePaSmoKer

Here is Brad with my wife and Judy (Saber4) wife.

Brad took me to the side, put his hand on my shoulder. Said i have a bond with you, your wife and your kids. I have something for you from me to you and if you dont take it, It will hurt my feelings.

When he put this in my hand i got choked up and had no words (which dont happen much)

From a true American hero to a normal guy who has pride and and unwavering gratitude and respect for the Men & Women past and present serving our great country.

pensrock

OMG, that truly is a gift from the heart. I never met  Brad but would love to shake his hand some day.

OldHickory

Thanks for the pic's Pat, very good as usual.  The bond between NEPAS and Brad is truly touching.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

tailfeathers

That is the DEFINITION of awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Saber 4

This is the first time I've gotten a chance to log on since we got back and I have to thank Larry and Jan for inviting and hosting everyone to Paducah every year and sharing their birthday with us. Judy and I had even more fun than last year and last year was pretty phenomenal, I got a chance to move up from judging chicken to ribs this year and Judy got the call to join me in judging ribs on Saturday Morning. She was so pumped that she signed up on the list to judge next year. It was great to meet all our new friends and hang out with our old friends again. If you haven't been to one of these you need to make plans now for next years BBQ on the River.

hal4uk

Quote from: Saber 4 on September 30, 2014, 06:16:32 PM
This is the first time I've gotten a chance to log on since we got back and I have to thank Larry and Jan for inviting and hosting everyone to Paducah every year and sharing their birthday with us. Judy and I had even more fun than last year and last year was pretty phenomenal, I got a chance to move up from judging chicken to ribs this year and Judy got the call to join me in judging ribs on Saturday Morning. She was so pumped that she signed up on the list to judge next year. It was great to meet all our new friends and hang out with our old friends again. If you haven't been to one of these you need to make plans now for next years BBQ on the River.
Real nice meeting y'all!!!

Next year...

I'm.
Wearing.
Clown.
Shoes.

Awrighten ;-)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

iceman

Great pics and a wonderful story! Thanks sooooo much for sharing.  :)

Saber 4

Quote from: hal4uk on September 30, 2014, 08:16:43 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on September 30, 2014, 06:16:32 PM
Real nice meeting y'all!!!

Next year...

I'm.
Wearing.
Clown.
Shoes.

Awrighten ;-)

It was good meeting you guy's too, but I thought you were wearing clown shoes this year ;) :D ;D ;D

dman4505

Quote from: pensrock on September 29, 2014, 01:14:42 PM
OMG, that truly is a gift from the heart. I never met  Brad but would love to shake his hand some day.

x2

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

SiFumar

How awesome! Looks like a great time had by all!