PUCK AVAILABILTY

Started by 65elcmo, May 02, 2014, 07:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65elcmo

I read all the reviews and just got a new digital 4 rack.
Don't you think when you buy a smoker that uses its own system of pucks that they would include some to get started?
To make matters worse I can't get pucks. All the web sights say out of stock. The one that didn't I ordered from. Then they sent me an update and said Backordered.
ATTENTION Bradley. What may have been good about your smokers is going down the drain.
I an very disappointed. I have a new smoker with no smoke!!

Habanero Smoker

Hi 65elcmo;

Sorry to welcome you to the forum under such conditions.

The inventory has been low for awhile. If you provide a geographic location, and what flavors you are looking for, I'm sure many could guide you in where you may obtain bisquettes. You may have to settle for the 24 or 48 count packs for awhile.

If you have a Cabelas, Bass Pro, or Gander Mt. nearby give them a call and see if they have any in stock. I was just in a Gander Mt. yesterday, and they had quite a few in stock.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

dirtee1

I just received an order of bisquettes from Yard and Pool, add frogmats to your order as well..you won't regret having them.

65elcmo

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 03, 2014, 02:04:47 AM
Hi 65elcmo;

Sorry to welcome you to the forum under such conditions.

The inventory has been low for awhile. If you provide a geographic location, and what flavors you are looking for, I'm sure many could guide you in where you may obtain bisquettes. You may have to settle for the 24 or 48 count packs for awhile.

If you have a Cabelas, Bass Pro, or Gander Mt. nearby give them a call and see if they have any in stock. I was just in a Gander Mt. yesterday, and they had quite a few in stock.

Thanks for the reply. I live in Tucson, Az Not to many outdoor shops around here. We do have a
Sportsmans Warehouse that sells Bradley smokers but guess what. No pucks. Out of stock.
Also as a newbe to smoking is there a guide to what wood to use for what meat? ten different flavors and I don't know what to get.
Thanks for your help, Steve

TedEbear

Quote from: 65elcmo on May 03, 2014, 08:14:05 AM
Also as a newbe to smoking is there a guide to what wood to use for what meat? ten different flavors and I don't know what to get.

This guide may help:  Bisquette Flavors

Also, there are all kinds of different flavor bisquettes for sale on places like Amazon if you don't mind ordering online.  Some with free shipping for Prime members.

Bradley Bisquettes on Amazon

pensrock

I would check with  YardandPool.com or Amazon. Sometimes you can get free shipping at Amazon and Bryan at Yard & Pool will do all he can to help you out.

65elcmo

Thanks for the chart
Found pucks at Meat Processing prod.com  One box of 24 of each flavor on the way.
Next learn what to do.

Habanero Smoker

Great!

While you are waiting for the bisquettes, you may want to look through this site, and take a look at the below link which contains many tips and trouble shooting hints;

Bradley FAQ's

also:
Recipe Site

I
         don't
                   inhale.

65elcmo

Quote from: 65elcmo on May 03, 2014, 02:06:42 PM
Thanks for the chart
Found pucks at Meat Processing prod.com  One box of 24 of each flavor on the way.
Next learn what to do.

Oak and Pecan Backordered 3 to 4 weeks
They must have a very small production line

Habanero Smoker

Bradley posted that there was a huge fire at one of their main plants, sometime ago. It going to take awhile for them to get back to full production.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

65elcmo

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 05, 2014, 01:37:19 AM
Bradley posted that there was a huge fire at one of their main plants, sometime ago. It going to take awhile for them to get back to full production.

I guess the smoke smelled good!

CoreyMac

I used to work in a sawmill that made OSB board. It was a daily fight to keep that place from burning down. Wood chips are the worst. You look at them the wrong way and they catch fire.

Corey

65elcmo

What flavor is the most versatile, popular, etc.

tailfeathers

Versatile and popular are largely a matter of personal preference. At one time I very seldom used anything other than hickory, but anymore I lean toward apple and alder for most things, maple for canadian bacon. It depends on how strong you like your smoke flavor. Fruit woods are mildest, then alder, maple, hickory and mesquite in order of strength of smoke flavor. Or so it seems to my sense of taste anyway.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Bryan D

I've been getting mine at Menards