Replacement Pucks...

Started by DaxFaxian, May 07, 2014, 05:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaxFaxian

All,

I've bought a few replacement boxes of the pucks from Home Depot but was wondering if anyone knew of any other alternatives to using the pucks? Can I get wood cut into the puck shape and use that?

Julian.

tailfeathers

I don't think that anything other than the formed bisquettes will work in the Bradley SG. I dont think the puck burner gets hot enough to smoke solid wood pucks. One alternative to pucks is to order a tube from A-Maze-N and burn pellets in the tube to generate your smoke. Much cheaper than pucks.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: tailfeathers on May 07, 2014, 06:43:43 AM
I don't think that anything other than the formed bisquettes will work in the Bradley SG. I dont think the puck burner gets hot enough to smoke solid wood pucks. One alternative to pucks is to order a tube from A-Maze-N and burn pellets in the tube to generate your smoke. Much cheaper than pucks.

X2
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

renoman

I have a willow wood that has a fabulous flavour that I used to smoke with all the time. Since getting my Bradley I have not been able to use it but I bought myself an A-maze-n smoker tube and now I chop my willow very fine and mix it in with alder pellets for that flavour I had once before.