New outside cabinet for the Bradley

Started by LanduytG, May 08, 2014, 12:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LanduytG

Every sense I've seen some pic's of other forum members cabinets I have been wanting one. Its funny how the wife getting after you to clean up the porch (because our youngest daughter graduates the end of the month) because she wants use it for open house. Funny how this can get you into another project. I just could not find what I wanted, so I spent the last few days building this. I know I will use it more now because all I have to do is plug it in and load it up. No more digging things out and setting up, no more weather concerns. Its on casters so I can roll it where I want it. In bad weather I can still smoke and leave the doors closed. No drop cords running out the door and in the way either. I plan on using some foam board to insulate it this fall so when beow zero temps hit I can still smoke. I still need to finish the door latch I just need to see what Home Depot has.

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

tailfeathers

Nicely done !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

WoodlawnSmoker

Nice job, it looks great!  I too am right now trying to figure out a cabinet for the smoker.  I just love how you did the external electrical supply connection, perfect.  What are you using between the the exhaust on the Bradley and the building stack?  What distance?

LanduytG

Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on May 08, 2014, 04:32:47 PM
Nice job, it looks great!  I too am right now trying to figure out a cabinet for the smoker.  I just love how you did the external electrical supply connection, perfect.  What are you using between the the exhaust on the Bradley and the building stack?  What distance?

I attached a 4" starting collar to the Bradley. On the stack its just a 4" flex coupling attached to the stack cover. I then ran as much 4" Mylar duct onto the Bradley as I could. Then  I ran the stack down to within a 1/2" of the Bradley, screwed the stack in place then pushed the Mylar duct all the way up to the roof. This way it has some give and if I need to take the smoker out all I need to do is slide all the flex down onto the smoker. I have so much Mylar on the smoker that clamps are not needed.

waycoolcat

Great design, well thought out and congratulations on your youngest's graduation.
I want to be a better carnivore!

manfromplaid

TNRockyraccoon

Looks awesome. I want one just like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Saber 4

Excellent job, looks well made and thought out.

Skishy

"Hail to the King, baby!" - Bruce Campbell

2 - 4 rack OBS
1 - Brinkmann Pellet Smoker
1 - Masterbuilt Charcoal smoker

BoxcarBetts

Very nice! Love it! I'm envious of the nice shelves and storage space.
They say it's easier to quit heroin than it is to quit smoking!

TedEbear

Pretty nice.  Does it have an interior light for overnight smokes?

LanduytG

Quote from: TedEbear on May 10, 2014, 04:36:42 AM
Pretty nice.  Does it have an interior light for overnight smokes?

No light yet. Not sure if I need one. Where it sets I can turn so the deck floods light hit it if need be. I'm not sure if a light would do much good because its only 20" deep and the light would not be in front of the Bradley.

Thanks
Greg

manfromplaid

for an extra little bit of extra light  someone else suggested a headband style led light. i picked 1 up at the local walmart and it works great for night time in the smoker. small, light and light is directed where you want to look

LanduytG

I absolutely love this thing. Sunday morning while putting the turkey breast in the smoker it was raining. Today I'm doing the first spareribs of the summer and its raining. If I had not done something to get this out of the weather I wouldn't be smoking either of those times. Just load up the Bradley, close the doors and let it do its thing. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Greg