Author Topic: meatball sauce  (Read 2226 times)

Offline manfromplaid

meatball sauce
« on: May 17, 2014, 09:35:25 am »
going to a potluck today. smoking up 5 lbs. of meatballs, would like to have a BBQ sauce to dip or pour as an add on. a mixed crowd so not to sweet or hot. any ideas would be welcome  thanks 
jeff

Offline pensrock

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: meatball sauce
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 09:53:10 am »
One sauce we like to use for meatball appetizers or slices of sausage is: Take a jar of pepper jelly and melt it down and add some brown mustard to taste. Its really easy and good.

Offline tailfeathers

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 10:50:50 am »
Never tried it with meatballs, but I think you could dip a dog turd in 10.5's Bulldog sauce and it would be pretty tasty!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Offline manfromplaid

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 12:52:24 pm »
digging thru the pantry i found a couple of dip/jelly's that we just never got around to. gourmet delight red chile dip-used 300g and a sensations cranberry and port  used 75g  low heat to blend and it gives a light lingering heat with a touch of sweet. swmbo thinks it will be perfect :)
jeff

Offline SiFumar

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 06:28:25 pm »
Sounds good....let us know how pot luck went!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:06:25 pm by SiFumar »

Offline manfromplaid

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 03:59:01 pm »
all went well got rave reviews on the meatballs and lots of folks came up to ask about the smoking process. a couple of guys stated that they watch the smoking and bbq shows on the tube and wanted to give it a try,after the taste test from the meatballs they have decided to spend their allowance on a new bradley.   made me feel good to know they enjoyed the food.
jeff